Tuesday, September 28, 2021

September 28, 2021 Lunch - Cheese, Herring, and Peanut butter sandwiches. Dinner - Sautéed Cheese Hamburgers with green bean, onion, red bell pepper, and mushroom sauté and baked Delicata squash

September 28, 2021 Lunch - Cheese, Herring, and Peanut butter sandwiches. Dinner - Sautéed Cheese Hamburgers with green bean, onion, red bell pepper, and mushroom sauté and baked Delicata squash


The market went to hell today and caused me to become depressed.


Perhaps I was sleepy from a bad night’s sleep last night also.


I heated the leftover enchiladas and fried two eggs over medium for breakfast at 8:30 for a real New Mexican breakfast.




We got dressed and went to Jeeves and Zuly’s for a discussion of the proposed bathroom remodel at 9:30.


Then we drove to a couple of banks and filled the Prius with gas and then finally we went to Infinity store.  I got a new remote controller, but that did not fix the uncoupling of audio and video from the TV controller.


We then drove to Pastian’s Bakery and bought a loaf of Whole Wheat sandwich bread and rye bread.  This proved to be the Best Buy of the day because when we arrived home at 1:00 Suzette was able to make her favorite sandwich, pork and sauerkraut with Mayo on toasted rye.


I also reverted to my tradition and toasted two slices of rye and put sour cream and herring in wine sauce on one and butter and slices of Jarlsberg cheese on the other.




We shared a beer and enjoyed our sandwiches.


Suzette left for Los Lunas after lunch and I lay down and read and napped until 4:30, when Suzette returned.  I checked my mail and helped on a project for Suzette and then began dinner.


Dinner - I had partially thawed two hamburgers after lunch.  Suzette microwaved them but they became slightly cooked and tough.


I roasted a delicata squash for 55 minutes at 350 degrees and while it was roasting chopped 1/2 onion, 1/2 red bell pepper, and three mushrooms.  I also snapped about 1/3 lb. of green beans.  When Suzette came to the kitchen at 7:00 she began to sauté the hamburgers and I blanched the green beans and then sautéed all the vegetables plus six Shishito peppers in a skillet in heated butter and olive oil, first open and later covered.


I sliced a slice of Cambozola cheese that Suzette put of the top of the burgers after she flipped them.


In about twenty minutes we had a hearty meal of cheese burgers p, sautéed vegetables and delicata squash.




We drank the last 1/2 bottle of 2018 Chateau Rodier ($13.99 at Trader Joe’s).  The wine was very smooth if a bit young.



Later we watched the second half of a film on the life of William Randolph Hearst while Suzette sipped a cognac and I drank a cup,of chai, and ate 4 chocolate wafer cookies and sipped a sniffer of Calvados.


We went to bed at 10:00.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment