Tuesday, September 7, 2021

September 7, 2021 Lunch - Steak Salad Dinner - Roasted Stuffed Acorn Squash with PPI Grilled Salmon

September 7, 2021 Lunch - Steak Salad   Dinner - Roasted Stuffed Acorn Squash with PPI Grilled Salmon 


I woke up at 7:00 and watched the news and market open and then worked a while.  I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt.


 Today the Dow moved down 269 points and the NASDAQ held slightly green up 11 points.  For me this was a remarkable day when many of my stocks went up even though most other stocks went down.  At the end of the day my portfolio was up another .5% for a total gain so far this year of 25%.


I am staggered.


I tried to eat a healthy diet today.  I made a steak salad for lunch with the two slices of leftover rib steak, a tomato, a few cooked green beans and potatoes from our last night’s dinner and red lettuce with a Cesar dressing and a dash of bacon Ranch prepared dressing.


After lunch I watched the phenomenal just turned 19 year old woman Canadian tennis player named Fernandez beat the No. 5 ranked woman player in the world to get to the quarter-finals of the U.S. Open.


At 4:00 I lay down to read and nap until Suzette arrived at 5:30.


Stuffed Roasted Acorn Squash - 


Suzette wanted to stuff and bake the acorn squash I bought last week. I cut the acorn squash in half and seeded it. Then I chopped one thin slice of red onion, two portobello mushrooms, 1 T. of cilantro, and three cloves of garlic. Suzette added sausage to the mix and I stuffed it into the cavities in each squash half. Suzette put water in the bottom of a Pyrex baking dish and placed the squash 1/2s in the baking dish and baked them for about 45 minutes in a medium pre-heated convection oven.


We also re-heated the grilled salmon from last night and plated each plate with a slice of salmon and 2/3 of a stuffed acorn squash.





Willy arrived a few minutes before 7:00 to finish his laundry and joined us for dinner.


We ate outside in the cool of the evening at 7:30.  



I had chilled the French Rose named Dune Gris de Gris that we recently bought at Total Wine for $10.99 less 25%. It was light and very drinkable.  After dinner we drank another glass of rosé and watched the Anthony Bourdain segment on Burgundy.


At 9:00 Willy left and we were ready for bed at 9:30.


Suzette fell asleep quickly, but I stayed up to blog.


Bon Appetit











No comments:

Post a Comment