Thursday, September 9, 2021

September 9, 2021 Brunch - Garlic Eggplant with chicken and Rice. Dinner - Aluminum Baked Rockfish with Rice

September 9,  2021 Brunch - Garlic Eggplant with chicken and Rice. Dinner - Aluminum Baked Rockfish  with Rice


I slept in today and then walked 2/3 mile. When I returned I heated the PPI Garlic Eggplant with Chicken and rice with a glass of water.




At 2:10 I checked my portfolio and discovered that although the Dow and NASDAQ were down, but my portfolio ended with a slight gain thanks to an increase in Moderna by over $33.00, probably based on Moderna’s announcement that it was developing a single dose vaccine that protects from covid, flu, and another respiratory illness.


I ate a peanut butter and honey sandwich at 3:00 and at 6:00 I buttered a slice of knaeke brod and added slices of Jarlsberg cheese as I began to prep dinner.


Aluminum foil wrapped baked fish 


I tore two sheets of aluminum foil for each of the three fillets.


I went to the garden and plucked six sprigs of thyme and a handful of chives.


I lay a layer of chives in the middle of the aluminum and placed a fillet on the chives.  Then I lay slices of red onion, pasilla chili, slices f tomato, green beans, garlic slices, two sprigs of thyme for each and a slice of ginger.  Then I crimped the edges to form a bowl around the fish fillet and added white wine and two pads of butter.  I then wrapped the first sheet of aluminum around the fish fillet and wrapped the second sheet of aluminum around the first wrapped packet.




This is the best way we have found to prevent leakage from inside the wrapper.  I baked the three wrapped packets in a Pyrex baking dish at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.


When I guessed we were about ten minutes from the fish being cooked, I heated cooked rice in a Pyrex loaf pan covered with Saran.





Suzette arrived at 7:00.

Willy arrived at 7:30 and we at at around 7:45.


I opened and poured three glasses of Lamoreaux Landing 2020 Riesling.





The wine was delicious with the fish.yg*   We added a pinch of salt and perked up the dish.


This was a great meal.  


Bon Appetit








No comments:

Post a Comment