Thursday, September 16, 2021

September 14, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30, Dinner - Braised Red Cabbage, Bratwurst, Apple, and Potatoes

September 14, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam No. 30,  Dinner - Braised Red Cabbage, Bratwurst, Apple, and Potatoes 


I woke up at 7:00 and got dressed and worked in my office until 8:00 when I drove to Sprouts on the Wast Side, where I bought fresh dill, avocados, bananas, and green beans.


I then drove home and made Gravad lax and then drove my yoga session from 10;00 until 11:15.  I called in an order to 2000 Vietnam for a No. 30 for takeout.  


I went home and picked a handful of basil in the garden and fetched the fresh cilantro and made an Vietnamese iced coffee with 1/2 of a glass of cod coffee, 1 heaping T. of condensed milk and the rest of the glass filled with ice.


I heated the plastic container for 1.11 at power level 7 that actually overheated lunch, but it was delicious, especially with lots of fresh cilantro and basil.




A new client came at 1:30 and we discussed their business until 3:30.

I then drove to the bank.


When I returned home I worked until about 4:45 when I lay down and read the last fifteen pages of Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck.


Suzette came home after 6:00 after an 11 hour day. I started dinner


Dinner - Red Cabbage with Potatoes, Bratwurst, and Apples.  


I sliced thin strips of cabbage and diced five small creamer potatoes, two bratwursts, three cloves of garlic minced, and peeled and diced one Fuji apple.  I sautéed the ingredients in alive oil and seasoned it with ground cumin, a dash or two of smoked paprika, salt and white pepper.


I cooked the ingredients in a covered enamel casserole in about two T. of olive oil for about 45 minutes on a medium low heat.  Then Suzette took over and put the a German Cuisine touch on the dish.  I fetched four Warsteiner Oktoberfest beers from the garage and Suzette poured one into the casserole to create more liquid.






After a few more minutes Suzette declared the dish and I fetched the mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, and sour cream and Suzette combined some of each to make a sauce. I enjoyed the condiment sauce with the dish.  It gave it a bit more flavor and creaminess.


After dinner Suzette made a dessert of fresh mission figs cut open at the top and stuffed with a dab of goat cheese.




At 10:30 p.m. I flipped the salmon fillets in the Gravad lax dish.  I am curing for 26 hours. Since I started the cure at 9:30 a.m. I will finish the cure at about 11:30 a.m. tomorrow.


Bon Appetit 




No comments:

Post a Comment