Friday, September 3, 2021

September 2, 2021 Lunch - Leftover chili Relleno and beans. Dinner - beef, onion, mushroom, garlic, and green bean sauté with an ear of corn

 September 2, 2021 Lunch - Leftover chili Relleno and beans. Dinner - beef, onion, mushroom, garlic, and green bean sauté with an ear of corn


I awakened at 6:45 and watched the last of Morning Joe and Squawk on the Street until 8:00 when I walked .75 mile.


When I returned I watched the President speak and then at 10:30 decided to make open faced sandwiches with the last two slices of whole wheat bread baked by the baker at the Bistro.


I toasted the two slices and then spread butter, orange marmalade on one and then garnished it with slices of Jarlsberg cheese and a smear of cod roe. 


I spread Mayo on the other slice and added slices of tomato.  I drank water with brunch.




The market took off today strongly but faded as the day went on.  For example, Apple was up in the morning to $2.00 but ended up only $1.00 up. Still, my portfolios managed a small .29% gain to hit a new all time high along with the S & P and the NASDAQ.


After the Market closed and I figured my gain, I heated and ate the leftover chili Relleno with beans from yesterday’s lunch.


At 3:30 I drove to the post office and mailed a document and then went to Lowe’s to shop for several specials. I bought 3 rib steaks for $6.99/lb., four ears of corn for $1.00 and 18 eggs for $2.79.


I returned home at 4:15 and watched Ari Melber and then meditated from 5:00 until 5:30. 


I attempted to rest but Suzette, who had arrived at 4:50, soon got me up to start dinner because she was hungry.


We decided to make a sort of fajita dish, by sautéing strips of onion, Pasilla pepper, garlic, beef, and sliced mushrooms.


I sliced 1/2 of an onion, three mushrooms, a 1 lb. 1 inch thick rib steak, and 1/2 of a pasilla pepper into thin strips and minced five or six small cloves of garlic and Suzette snapped about 1/4 lb. of green beans.


She then sautéed the onion and garlic first in butter and garlic, then added the beef, and finally added the green beans and mushrooms.



The cooking juices from the ingredients combined with the butter and olive oil to make their own sauce.


Suzette also heated a pot of water and boiled two ears of corn until tender.


I opened a bottle of 2015 Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa.  Martini is one of the original handful of Napa winemakers, having opened its winery at St. Helena in 1933, immediately after Prohibition.


We enjoyed our one dish dinner immensely, especially with the lovely Cab.





After dinner I sipped some Calvados and ate two squares of chocolate. 


Then at 9:30 after the first 2/3 of Midsomer Mystery on PBS we ate a slice of the lovely raspberry pie Ed made for Suzette from raspberry bushes from his yard. 




Bon Appetit 










No comments:

Post a Comment