Wednesday, September 29, 2021

September 29, 2021 Lunch - Salami Salad. Dinner - Baked Chicken with Tarragon hon and Lemon, baked Delicata Squash, and Baked Brussels Sprouts with Pinots and Pecorino-Romano cheese

September 29, 2021 Lunch - Salami Salad. Dinner - Baked Chicken with Tarragon hon and Lemon, baked Delicata Squash, and Baked Brussels Sprouts with Pinots and Pecorino-Romano cheese


I awakened at 7:30 and we walked 2/3 miles at 8:30.  


Then I toasted two slices of bagel and spread cream cheese on them.  I then lay slices of red onion and Gravad lax on my slice plus some capers and Gravad lax on Suzette’s slice.  When Suzette came to the kitchen she added slices of yellow tomato from our garden.




After breakfast we had a 1 1/2 hour telephone conference.


At 2:00 I made a salad with tomato, lemon cucumber, red onion slices, and slices of Genoa salami.




Then I had a client appointment and then went to the bank.


The Internet did not work for much of the day, so I did not get as much done today as I had wished.


At 5:30 I started dinner.


Dinner - I fetched four sprigs of tarragon from the garden and a lemon.  I pushed tarragon and a slice of lemon under the skin of the thigh of each of four leg quarters and Suzette slid a slice of butter under the  skin.




I then cut a lb. of Brussels Sprouts and placed them in a 9 x 9 inch Pyrex baking dish.  Suzette then salted and toss the Brussels Sprouts with olive oil and covered them and baked them in the 350 degree oven with the chicken.




Suzette also heated the leftover delicata squash from last night’s menu.





I poured glasses of Gavi Saule.  It was lightly acidic and slightly sweet/fruity.  Not as much to my liking as the much drier Gavi Princessa.





After dinner Suzette ate a bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup and maraschino cherries and a sip of cognac.


I had a sip of Calvados with a few squares of a Swedish Hazelnut milk chocolate bar.


Then I made a cup of chai and ate two chocolate wafer cookies with it.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment