Tuesday, September 21, 2021

September 20, 2021 Brunch - Sausage and Eggs. Dinner - Elk Stew with green beans and rice

 September 20, 2021 Brunch - Sausage and Eggs.  Dinner - Elk Stew with green beans and rice 


I woke up at 8:30 to see a melt down in the market.  The Dow ended down 614 points and the NASDAQ was down 330 points or over 2%.  By the end of today my portfolio that usually follows the NASDAQ, was down over 2.5% for its worst day ever.


I fixed three Jimmie Dean sausage patties for brunch with Luke and Luke fixed four eggs over easy. I toasted four pieces of French bread and fetched the plum preserves, the IKEA Marinberry preserves and the French orange marmalade.


I made a cup of chai.





Then Luke went for a run and I started working with Mohamed and Rahim on the Indian bank transaction.  We finished at 12:15, which is when Like left for Santa Fe.  At 1:30 a new client came. When he left at 2:30 I worked a bit and at 3:00 fixed two open faced sandwiches, one was marinated herring in cream sauce and the other with peanut and honey. Suzette was home and made a Rueben Sandwich with pork and sour. Then at 4:00 I  drove to the bank to get copies of portions of my passport notarized.  This completed the requirements for attestation by the Consulate General of India.




When I returned home a few minutes after 5:00 I lay down until 6:00, when I joined Suzette in the TV room to watch the news.  


Suzette heated pork and sauerkraut and put it between two pieces of German sour dough whole bread at 3:00, so she was not hungry at 6:00.


At 6:30 I heated a pasta bowl filled with PPI Elk stew/Bourguignon, about 2 oz. of PPI green beans, and about 1/3 cup of PPI rice and poured out the remaining glass of Cherry Blossom Pinot Noir for a delightful dinner.




I had about 3 oz. of wine left when I finished the stew, so I toasted two small pieces of French Baguette and spread  each with butter and one with the fresh chèvre we bought in La Veta, Colorado and the other with slices of brie.


After I finished my cheese course, I poured a sip of Calvados and a grabbed a few squares of chocolate and almonds for a finish to a proper French meal.


We were tired and went to bed at 9:30.


Bon Appetit


  








No comments:

Post a Comment