Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June 29, 2021 Lunch - Padilla’s Family Restaurant. Dinner - BBQ Pork ribs with sautéed Green Beans with slivered Almonds and a Baked Potato

June 29, 2021 Lunch - Padilla’s Family Restaurant. Dinner - BBQ Pork ribs with sautéed Green Beans with slivered Almonds and a Baked Potato


I made Oatmeal for breakfast with raisins, pecans, and brown sugar.




I decided to eat chili rellenos from Padilla’s for lunch and take the check I received for preparing deeds for mortgage companies to the bank.  A National law firm paralegal gathers the information and prepares a draft deed or other real estate document and sends it to me for review and I approve it or tell them what is needed to correct the document. Usually corrections are simple things like typos or mixed up names, but sometimes there are errors in the chain of title that need to be corrected.  Anyway last month I helped them prepare 41 documents.  


I called in my order to Padilla’s, a Chili Relleno plate with double beans and green chili.  Padilla’s makes wonderful sopapillas and each dinner comes with two sopapillas. 




It was still raining so I drove to the bank and Padilla’s to pick up my lunch and return home to watch the match at 1:00.


I ate one of the two chili rellenos and half of the beans and the two sopapillas as I watched Sweden vs. Hungary in Euro cup.  Sweden lost a player for a dangerous tackle and lost the match when Hungary scored in the last two minutes of added time in overtime.


Then I checked my portfolio performance for the day and discovered to my delight that it had gone up again a surprising .55%.  We must be into the froth at the top of a bubble but I can not resist seeing how high the bubble is.


After Sweden loss at 4:00 I went to the kitchen and prepared the package of pork butt sliced into country style ribs for baking by smearing them with BBQ sauce and putting them on a steel rack in a Pyrex baking dish filled with water to just under the rack and covering the rack with aluminum foil  and placing the baking dish on a cookie sheet in a pre-heated 325 degree oven to cook for 3 hours.  I then returned to my desk and worked until 5:15.  


Suzette came home around 5:00 and turned the heat up to 350 degrees and put six russet potatoes into the oven to bake with the pork.




We then cleaned the garlic we had harvested last week by removing the bulbs from their roots and stalks with a scissors.


Here is our crop for this year.




Since we were making so much food I asked Suzette if it was okay to invite Mike for dinner.  She said, “sure,” so I called him around 7:00 and he came around 7:30’ which gave us time to prepare the green beans.


Sautéed Green Beans.


This is Suzette’s recipe. We snapped the remaining pound of green beans and lay the pieces in a skillet and covered the green beans with water and blanched them until the water evaporated.no then we added butter and olive oil and slivered almonds and sautéed them until the almonds Began turning golden.




I drank a glass of amontillado sherry before Mike arrived at 7:30. Suzette set the table under the gazebo and then plated a potato filled with butter and sour cream and spoonful of green beans.


We discussed drinks and Mike expressed a preference for wine so I fetched a bottle of Morel Tavel from the garage and Mike opened it.




I poured glasses of wine and we each served ourselves slices of BBQ pork and carried the plates and glasses out to the garden.


It was a cool moist evening.  Mike noted that the mountains were covered with mist during the day like during winter storms. It is amazing to me that we are having winter weather while the East Coast and Northwest are experiencing the hottest temperatures ever recorded.


After dinner we went back inside.


Suzette whipped cream and she and Mike heated two French pastries in the microwave.  I poured glasses of cognac and we ate a delicious dessert.



J

Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and Mike and I talked until 10:30.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment