Tuesday, June 22, 2021

June 22, 2021 Brunch - Herring and Salami sandwiches. Dinner - Tuscan Melon wrapped with Prosciutto, cold scallops and blueberries in cream sauce and lime mousse

June 22, 2021 Brunch - Herring and Salami sandwiches. Dinner - Tuscan Melon wrapped with Prosciutto, cold scallops and blueberries in cream sauce and lime mousse 

I had another weird night’s sleep. I awakened at 2:30 after 5 1/2 hours sleep and did not get back to sleep, although I lay in bed from 5:00 until 6:13.


We got up, dressed, ate a bowl of granola, with milk, yogurt, blueberries and banana slices and then Suzette and I walked a mile within the neighborhood.  I then went to my desk and worked until 10:00 when I became hungry again and decided to eat something.  I ate a variation of what I ate yesterday, instead of one salami and one cured ham with cheese sandwich, today I ate two herring in wine sauce and one salami sandwich with lettuce and pickles.  The third sandwich was too much and I was not motivated to cook dinner.




Suzette was hungry when she arrived at 5:00, so she mashed an avocado into a bowl of Crema and ate it with corn chips and also ate the PPI ribeye, so she ceased to want to cook also.  


We decided to wrap pieces of melon with prosciutto for a light dinner.  We did want a good wine so I fetched a bottle of Hermann Weimer Salmon Run Riesling from the garage. Salmon Run is a less expensive Riesling blended from grapes grown on properties outside of Hermann Weiner’s holdings.  It was delicious with the melon and prosciutto.




Suzette stopped eating but I was still a bit hungry and remembered the Scallop dish Suzette brought home from Susan’s girl get together yesterday, so I ate the chilled cooked scallops with blueberries in a cream sauce and finished dinner by eating the small ramekin of chilled lime mousse Suzette brought home from the party.




Later, I sliced the four Persian cucumbers I bought at El Super yesterday and replenished the pickle jar and went to the garden and picked a small handful of dill and added that with about five cloves of garlic to flavor the pickles.


I finished the meal with two cups of chai and six chocolate wafer cookies while watching Montreal hammer Las Vegas in game five of their NHL playoff.


Today was also notable for the fact that my portfolio reached a 10% gain for the year.  If the economy keeps growing and big tech keeps on its upward trend this could be another good year for equites and my portfolio.


Today I began reading Luke’s new book, Venus Juice, and really enjoyed it.  His writing really engaged me at lots of levels.  He describes wonderfully the folks he runs into. I think he will be a successful writer.  He fits into lots of interesting categories, but mainly gay and lesbian literature.


His writing reminds me of Jack Kerouac.


It amazes me that I, who was raised homophobic, would have raised a confident openly gay writer. How things have changed.


Alas, life is strange.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment