Thursday, June 17, 2021

June 15, 2017 Lunch - PPI 2000 Vietnam No. 31. Dinner - New Recipe sautéed Snow peas, PPI Roasted potatoes and garlic, red bell pepper, Spanish Iberico Chorizo, sweet onion slices, and cauliflower.

June 15, 2017 Lunch - PPI 2000 Vietnam No. 31. Dinner - New Recipe sautéed Snow peas, PPI Roasted potatoes and garlic, red bell pepper, Spanish Iberico Chorizo, sweet onion slices, and cauliflower.


Things got off to a rocky start foodwise.  I walked a mile with Suzette, worked, showered, and dressed by almost 11:00.  For a quick breakfast I made a cup of chai and ate four raspberry newtons, because I had an 11:00 appointment.


At noon I started watching soccer because this was a down day in the market.  I was exhausted from lack of sleep last night but could not fall asleep.  Finally around 1;0:30 I decided to eat the rest of my Vietnam lunch from the other day.  I heated it and it became a bit wilted, so I added fresh lettuce, cilantro and a green onion, which perked it up to an enjoyable level.


I drank water with it and after lunch drank the undrunk portion of the gin and tonic from last night which relaxed me a bit.


Suzette came home at 3:45 and we discussed dinner and decided to make a tapa with the ring of Spanish chorizo, I bought at the Coop yesterday.  It was nearly 100 degrees today so. Chilled a bottle of 2011 Gran reserva Origon.  This is my favorite red recommendation.  You owe it to yourself to pick up a case of this wine for $5.99/bottle at Trader Joe’s.  It is from the Terra Alta region in Southern Catalonia.


At 6:30 Suzette went to the garden and picked about 15 snow peas.  I then diced 1/2 of a red bell pepper, a couple of slices of sweet onion, 1/3 of the Iberico chorizo, a dash of saffron, and about 1/3 of a head of cauliflower into tiny pieces.  Suzette then sautéed the ingredients in olive oil over moderate heat and added the roasted potato wedges in a skillet to make an amazing hot tapa.  I made cheesy bread.  Covered the toasted bread slices from last night’s meal with slices of Jarlsberg cheese and heated them in the microwave until the cheese melted.






I opened a bottle of 2011 Origon Gran Reserva from Terra Alta which is a blend of Syrah and Grenache grape juice similar to a Southern Rhone blend.


The tapa Suzette made was in the best tradition of tapas, except she combined about three tapas into one, roasted potatoes, sautéed red bell pepper, and sautéed chorizo in the spirit of the artichoke, green peas, and artichoke heart tapa she often makes included a pinch of saffron.


I loved dinner and then enjoyed drinking the last of the wine with a couple cubes of chocolate.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment