Friday, June 11, 2021

June 10, 2021 Lunch - Mary and Tito’s. Dinner - Cedar plank Grilled teriyaki Salmon and ears of corn with a Kale and lettuce, cucumber, and carrot salad with a poke dressing

June 10, 2021 Lunch - Mary and Tito’s. Dinner - Cedar plank Grilled teriyaki Salmon and ears of corn with a Kale and lettuce, cucumber, and carrot salad with a poke dressing


Today was the first day I ate granola in weeks. It was the granola Elaine made and gave me and it was delicious with cranberries and raisins plus sunflower seeds and lots of different grains.  Ate it with fresh blueberries, milk, and good yogurt.




Suzette went to the dentist and when she returned we went to her bank to close her loan renewal.


Then a bit after noon we loaded the las three dining room chairs and drove to Mary and Tito’s for lunch .  I ordered my usual flat enchiladas with beef and red chili for a double dose of beef because the red chili sauce contains beef also.suzette ordered blue corn chicken enchiladas with both red and green chili.  She said the chili helped cure her sinus infection.


                               Suzette’s Blue Corn Chicken Enchiladas with Red and Green  Chili

                                                       GBob’s Beef Enchiladas with Red Chili



Mary and Tito’s is one of my favorite New Mexican restaurants and the recipient of the coveted James Beard award for traditional regional cuisine, so not too shabby. Before it got its Beard award, I selected it as having the best red chili sauce when I was writing for the Albuquerque Monthly, so perhaps I discovered the restaurant.


After lunch we delivered the three chairs to Lira’s to be upholstered and picked up the finished three chairs, which looked good.



 

Suzette then drove to Appliance Liquidators to buy a clothes dryer and then we went home around 3:00. I checked my stocks and discovered that I earned the same amount I lost yesterday.


I took a short nap until 3:30 and then drove to Presbyterian for a test, which did not take long.


I returned home by 5:07 in time to join the meditation group.


When meditation ended at 5:30 we watched the news until 6:30 when we started dinner.  I de-stemmed a spun colander of kale and lettuce Suzette had picked.  I grated a carrot and peeled and sliced 1/3 cucumber while Suzette made a Poke style dressing with sesame oil, soy, rice vinegar, grated ginger, and minced shallot.


Suzette also partially shucked three ears of corn and placed them on the propane grill with the teriyaki marinated salmon fillet.


Willy arrived a bit after 7:00 and we picked a bottle of 2016 Kirkland Spanish Rioja Reserva and opened it.





When everything was ready Suzette plated the food and Willy poured the wine and we took our plates and the bottle and glasses to the table in the garden and enjoyed a lovely dinner as the sun set.





We talked until 9:00.  Willy gave an animated report about the U.S. victory over Mexico in the America Cup final last week and we described our trip.


After we returned to the house and said good night to Willy I discovered that Argentina was playing Colombia in a World Cup elimination match.


I watched it until 10:30.  It was a fantastic match with lots of fouling and yellow cards that ended in 2 - 2 tie with an extended time goal by Colombia.


I watched the news until 11:00 and then blogged and went to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment