Sunday, June 13, 2021

June 13, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam PPI. Dinner - Beer Simmered Bratwurst with New Recipe Sautéed Red Cabbage

June  13, 2021 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam PPI.  Dinner - Beer Simmered Bratwurst with New Recipe Sautéed Red Cabbage 


Today was a rather lazy day.  I watched soccer again until 9:30 when Suzette and I put the cover on the camper and set up the new chiminea by the gazebo.  We discussed dinner and decided to cook brats and red cabbage.


I rested and watched soccer until 12:00 when I drove to Talin to shop.  I bought wasabi, pickled ginger, black sesame seeds, tofu, Chinese eggplants, shallots, a piece of ginger,  Rice vermicelli, egg white noodles, yu Choy, beech mushrooms, red cabbage for dinner, and chia seeds for Suzette,   I noticed that rather than buying the cheapest thing, I now was trying to buy the best quality thing.


Besides the cabbage  for tonight’s meal I had  ingredients for two additional meals; Mapo Dofu and Stir Fred Chicken with Yu Choy and chicken.


I drove home and made a fish sauce with fish sauce sugar, and lime juice and a dab of garlic chili sauce.  I then ate 1/2 of the PPI Bun Cha Gio left from yesterday’s lunch and rested some more and read the Josephine Baker biography.  My appetite has diminished slightly over the last few days.  I wonder if it has to do with the gout drugs I have been taking.


At 5:00 we watched the news while I chopped 1/3 of the head of red cabbage.


We discussed whether to drink white wine or beer and decided on wine.  Suzette opened the Espiral White vino verde from Portugal.  Vino Verde is wine that bottled while the fermentation is progressing so it builds up some bubbles and is lighter and slightly effervescent.


Suzette created a new recipe for the cabbage, she sautéed it as usual in olive oil with caraway seeds but when she made the usual sweet and sour dressing, instead of using apple cider vinegar she combined the 1/4 cup of sugar with apple cider, and white vinegar.  The result was a milder less harsh sauce.  She added the sauce to the cabbage and added the brats to make a one dish meal.


Suzette also made a sauce for the brats by whisking Mayo with horseradish and Dijon style mustard into a heavy, creamy sauce.


Suzette plated our plates and I poured glasses of wine and we carried them to the garden table.




It was still quite warm, so after we finished the bottle of wine we came back inside and watched a Susan Sarandon movie called “The Meddler”.


Suzette went bed at 9:30 and I stayed up to watch the Obama interview with Anderson Cooper and blog.


There will be 51 matches in the EUFA round robin, knock out round and at least as many in the America’s Cup at least that.  I watched a bit of Brazil v. Venezuela before going to bed.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment