Sunday, June 27, 2021

June 27, 2021 Brunch - Trout, Oyster Mushroom and coconut Omelet Dinner - PPI Mapo Dofu and rice

June 27, 2021 Brunch - Trout, Oyster Mushroom and coconut Omelet Dinner - PPI Mapo Dofu and rice


Today was a lazy day with a real miscue on Brunch. We made a trout and mushroom omelet, using the PPI smoked trout and the fresh oyster mushrooms we bought at the Farmers” Market yesterday.


Suzette called for cheese and I handed her what I thought was grated a bowl of Pecorino but turned out to be grated coconut.


Needless to say it did not melt and the omelet had a dried crumbly middle.


We ate the omelet with resignation.  I also toasted two pieces of French baguette and buttered them and spread them with pineapple marmalade.


Suzette made a Bloody Mary and I drank tea.


I watched the Tour de France this morning.  There was a dominating performance by a Dutch biker who  rode from 18” behind the yellow Jersey, into the yellow Jersey by winning the final two climbs of the stage, thus winning the stage, two 10 second time bonuses, and going into yellow with  a 6 second lead.


All the commentators were extremely impressed.


Then I watched Netherlands lose to the Check Republic in Euro Soccer and Portugal lose to Belgium.


Willy came by for the last half of the Belgium v. Portugal match.


Suzette shopped all afternoon and bought me 1o short sleeve shirts at Goodwill.  So my summer wardrobe is complete.


 We had the delicious Mapo Dofu and rice left! so did not want to cook dinner pl suzette heated it in the microwave and I fetched two beers from the garage and we had a very delicious dinner. 


Later I ate chocolate wafer cookies and a chai and Suzette ate the last of the chocolate ice cream.  


We were tired and went to bed before 9:00.


I am taking turmeric and Collagen and feeling less pain. Let’s hope things stay at least as good as this new improved condition.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment