Tuesday, October 6, 2020

October 5, 2020 Lunch – Spaghetti and Meat Sauce. Dinner – Madras Chicken Curry with Rice




 October 5, 2020 Lunch – Spaghetti and Meat Sauce. Dinner – Madras Chicken Curry with Rice

The market snapped back today and my portfolio increased 2.75%, which is one of the largest increase of the year I think.

I ate yogurt, milk, granola, and banana and blueberries for breakfast. Then I worked until noon.  I boiled a bundle of egg white noodles in water for about fifteen minutes.i then drained the noodles and added the PPI spaghetti sauce and heated that.  It was delicious.  The egg white noodles are fresh noodles so they have a softer texture than dried spaghetti. 





After lunch at 1:00 I rode north to Campbell Rd., about six miles.  

I was tired when I returned a few minutes after 2:00 but was thrilled by the huge gain in the market. I lay down at 2:30 and fell asleep almost immediately and slept until 3:50.

When I awakened I took a shower and drove to the bank.

When I returned a few minutes after 5:00 Suzette had arrived with a small pumpkin, which was the  

ingredient we needed to make Madras chicken curry.  

I try to use approximately the same quantity of each ingredient except raisins.  Today I selected 2 cups of each ingredient. I chopped 2 cups of Onions, two apples, the two chicken breasts, 1 cup of raisins, and 3 cups of baked pumpkin and added approximately 30 oz. of chicken stock and 20 oz. of water to cover the ingredients in an enameled casserole, added 2 heaping T. ofMadras curry powder and 1 tsp of a spicy curry powder and simmered the casserole for approximately 1 hour.

Suzette heated some PPI rice in the microwave.  I mixed 2 T. of flour with 1/3 cup of heavy cream and added it to the curry to give its creamy texture and thicken it.

We ladled curry onto a pile of rice and garnished the curry with chopped peanuts and grated coconut.

We added Major Grey’s Chutney and 5 ingredient pickle and drank beer.

Suzette really liked the curry and said she would serve it to her clients at the Center.

Later I brewed a cup of chai and ate a chocolate chip cookie.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment