Monday, October 12, 2020

October 12, 2020 Lunch – Shrimp Salad Dinner –Sautéed Duck Breast with Pear Sauce and Brussel Sprouts.Pumpkin, onion, and Pinon casserole



 October 12, 2020 Lunch – Shrimp Salad Dinner –Sautéed Duck Breast with Pear Sauce and Brussel Sprouts.Pumpkin, onion, and Pinon casserole 

This. Was an amazing day in the Market and a wonderful food day, including three of my favorite meals.

Fo pr breakfast I ate granola, milk, blueberries, bananas, and yogurt.

At noon I cooked 10 shrimp and made a shrimp salad with Romaine lettuce , perfect vine ripened tomato 

, ½ cucumber, a hard boiled egg, two green onions while Suzette made an avocado, cream, sour cream, and olive oil dressing.


Suzette opened a merlot rose and I drank the last glass of Italian Pinot Grigio white wine.

 

We took our glasses and salads to the garden and ate outdoors in the warm sunlight at 1:00.Then suzette drove to Home Depot and I watched the last 15 minutes of trading in the market.  The big Apple release day has arrived tomorrow and it was bid up $7.50 per share today.  I had the best day in a while with a 2.33% increase of my portfolio.

I worked until 5:00 while the plumbers hopefully fixed my boiler and turned on the heat.

Suzette started on dinner by chopping pumpkin, Brussels sprouts, red onion slices, and piñon nuts that she lay in a Pyrex baking dish, covered with aluminum , and baked at 350 degrees.


Then I made a pear sauce by dicing slices of poached pear and heated them in a small sauce pan with some of the maraschino sauce, some Marsala, about 1 T. of sugar, lemon peel, and lemon juice.

We cooked the sauce until the sugar thickened the sauce.

Suzette cooked four duck breasts in the Bobby Flay manner weighted down with a smaller skillet filled with water, which made the skin crisp.

I went to the basement and fetched A bottle of 2014 Chateauneuf du Pape I bought at Trader Joe’s for $17.99. 

See above

This was a simple but elegant dinner.

  


We finished the wine by eating chocolate chip cookies and sips of cognac.

Then later I ate the last of the javachocolate chip ice cream.

I can not resist a full meal when we have have a great meal and wine.

The wine was smooth from first sip to last sip. I recommend it. 

We watched Antique Roadshow until 8:00 and then watched a James Corden interview.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment