Friday, October 30, 2020

October 29, 2020 Lunch – Potage and Cheese and Pate sandwiches. Dinner – PPI Mapo Dofu with Rice and PPI Steamed Baby Zucchini

October 29, 2020 Lunch – Potage and Cheese and Pate sandwiches. Dinner – PPI Mapo Dofu with Rice and PPI Steamed Baby Zucchini

Today was a rather busy day. 

I awakened at 7:30 and watched the market take off in a very positive direction, but I had filings in a case, so I went to my computer after filling a bowl with a handful of granola, covered with milk and topped with ½ banana sliced, blueberries, and two T. of yogurt, which I ate at my desk.

I drafted a motion and a request for Setting and filed it with the revised Entry of appearance and notice of Non-availability I drafted yesterday by 10:00.  When I received the filed documents from the clerk I filed them with the Court and the other attorneys. 

After sending a requested document to a client and calling another client to see if a document had been  delivered I delivered two Whoppie pies to Charlie and Susan’s door and drove to the bank to deposit a check and then drove to Bosque Bakery to buy two fresh Rustic baguettes.  I noticed that Bosque Bakery 

had been selected as the best bakery in Albuquerque and was thrilled that it was only ten blocks from home. I have been having a vision of Frenchmen riding their bikes carrying baguettes that I see in French movies.  Next time I may try to ride my bikers Bosque Bakery, especially since the baguettes are not as long and unwieldy as a French baguette.

When I returned home it was noon andi was hungry so I ate a toasted slice of baguette buttered and garnished with slices of Jarlsberg and Iberico cheese as I unwrapped five or six cheeses, opened the
package of foie gras, sliced and toasted several more slices of baguette and heated the pot of PPI Potage (potato and Leek Soup) for Peter and me to eat for lunch and during book club.

When Peter arrived at 12:30 I ladled two bowls of soup and invited him to help himself to the cheese and pate.  We ate at the dining room table where I had set up my computer and spaced our chairs six feet apart for the book club meeting, which we joiToday we eleven of the twelve members of the club held a lively 2 hour discussion regarding Educated by Tara Westover by Zoom.

After the meeting, at 3:15 I cut the last Whoppie Pie in half and scooped out the last four scoops of vanilla ice cream from a container and swizzled chocolate syrup across the top of the ice cream for a dessert for us. 

After Peter left at around 3:30 I took a Aji tuna steak from the freezer to thaw for dinner then caught up on my deed work and correspondence.

I prepare New Mexico deeds for a law firm that prepares documents for one or more mortgage lenders, like Rocket Mortgage or Quicken Loans. I used to prepare about 15 to 20 deeds a month, but recently I have been preparing thirty or more per month.  Today I prepared two or three.

I also correspond with a group of fellows my age who are friends of my best friend Dee from their college days at TCU, which is also our connection. I lived next to Dee in Fort Worth when we were attending TCU graduate school: he in Political Science and I in Business.

At 5:00 I meditated for 30 minutes with my zen meditation group.

At 5:30 Suzette arrived and we watched the news and discussed dinner.  It was not a very long discussion.   Suzette suggested we eat the PPI Mapo Dofu and Steamed Baby zucchinis. So at 6:15 I went to the kitchen and boiled a cup of rice in 2 cups of water and a tsp.of dehydrated chicken stock for 30 minutes.

While the rice was simmering I de-seeded about a T. of Szechuan peppercorns and sliced three green onions into thin rounds to garnish the Mapo Dofu. When Suzette came into the kitchen when the rice had finished cooking, she heated the Mapo Dofu and zucchinis in the microwave and served them on a pile of rice in a pasta bowl.

 


 

The Mapo Dofu was more delicious tonight for several reasons.  During the two days it rested in the fridge, the flavors of its many ingredients (tofu, sausage, pork, chili sauce, onion, bell pepper, wood ear, soy sauce, sesame oil, Chinese Cooking wine, and mushrooms) blended,  the addition of the traditional garnishes (Szechuan peppercorns and sliced green onion) accentuated the flavors of the ingredients and the dish, and just cooking it longer integrated the flavors more.


The zucchinis also tasted better.  It seemed the butter and lemon sauce Suzette garnished them with last night that was somewhat abrasive last night on their surfaces had permeated into the zucchini and flavored them more thoroughly tonight.


Suzette drank her cocktail and I brewed a cup of the Chinese green tea

Marty and Yoyo brought us when they visited this last spring.


We loved our dinner tonight a lot and it fully satisfied us as good food should.


We did not desire for any dessert, although Suzette drank a glass of Limoncello before she fell asleep in her chair in front of the TV by 8:00.


One of Suzette’s kitchen staff was exposed to covid last week and the entire kitchen staff went into quarantine, so Suzette has had to cook dinner for the Center this week.  Luckily, the new cook she has hired began cooking today, so with Nicole, one other prep person, and the new cook much of the burden to cook will be lifted from Suzette soon.


I finished blogging last night’s blog and went to bed at 9:30 and awakened at 1:30 to write this segment.


I love Thursday night because I can stay up a bit longer and get an early start to the weekend.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment