Thursday, October 29, 2020

October 28, 2020 Lunch – Stir fried egg white noodles and Duck Ragout, Dinner – Sautéed Filet Mignon, Sautéed Mushrooms, Steamed Zucchini, and Baked Potato

October 28, 2020 Lunch – Stir fried egg white noodles and Duck Ragout, Dinner – Sautéed Filet Mignon, Sautéed Mushrooms, Steamed Zucchini, and Baked Potato

I started the day with perhaps the best meal of the day, sliced fresh Gravad Lax and red onion slices on toasted bagel slices smeared with cream cheese, and garnished with capers.  I cured the Lax for only 22 hours and it is so tender, I can not believe it.

Then for lunch I parboiled a bundle of fresh egg white noodles and stir fried them with about 20oz. of PPI Duck Ragout.  

 

   The Duck  Ragout  mixed into the noodles and heated



The parboiled noodles

After lunch I thawed two filet Mignons.

After lunch I also checked the Market which was in a complete melt down because there will be no stimulus package before the election and covid infections are soaring world wide. It was a blood bath. My portfolio dropped 3 3/4%, the worst daily drop ever. I am still up for the year by a lot, so will hang on through this period hopefully.

I rested from 3:00 until 4:30 and walked ½ mile at 5:15 in the warming sunshine of late afternoon.

When I arrived home I watched some news and put four potatoes in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for an hour. 


  When Suzette arrived she wanted to steam baby zucchini and I wanted to sauté two kinds of mushrooms,  

  portobello and white, in olive oil and butter with two cloves of garlic, ½ shallot, about 2oz. of sherry, and a pinch of thyme.

Suzette sautéed the two small filets in a skillet and steamed the baby  Zucchini in the steamer and soon we had a delicious meal.  I opened about ½ hour before the meal a bottle of 2010 Wellington Winery 2010 Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon, which is one of my favorite wines with steak.  The steak was melt  in your mouth delicious. We bought it at Costco and it was USDA choice, so a great piece of meat.

  It took the wine over an hour to begin to open up, but after that it tasted of dark fruit and heavily  alcoholic.  We liked it.




 The steak, mushroom sauce, and baked potato  

  
Micro-Grated Parmesan cheese, sour cream, and sliced chives 
 
   After dinner I ate a slice of French bread with brie and then chocolates with the last sips of wine.  Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I stayed up to blog.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment