Saturday, October 31, 2020

October 31, 2020 Breakfast – Bacon and Eggs. Lunch – Enchiladas. Dinner – Salad Nicoise

 October 31, 2020 Breakfast – Bacon and Eggs. Lunch – Enchiladas. Dinner – Salad Nicoise 



I realized this morning that I needed to finish White Guilt by Shelby Steele by Tuesday when it was due at the library, so I read it for several hours today. If I keep up the daily average of 60 to 70 pages I should finish its 178 pages by Tuesday.

Suzette left for Los Lunas to work in her office around 9:30.

Willy called and came by at 10:30 to wash clothes and eat breakfast.  We decided on Bacon, Eggs over easy, and Buttered Toast.  We drank Earl Grey tea with milk.  Willy sat outside and I sat inside to achieve distancing.

When Willy left I read until 12:30 and then rode my bike to Campbell Rd. and back.

There was a huge truck rally along Tingley Beach with a line of big trucks with Trump flags that scared me, but thankfully the trucks were on the other side of the rode from me as I rode north.

Soon after I returned at around 2:30 Suzette arrived and made herself lunch by heating some enchiladas topped with guacamole and sour cream.  They smelled so wonderful I replicated her lunch.  Here is a picture.

I watched TCU beat Baylor and Texas best unbeaten and ranked number #6 Oklahoma State in overtime.  Both games were thrilling.  A daily double for me because I and my father attended both schools. The will further scramble the Big 12 rankings, especially since upset #16 ranked Kansas State.


As the Texas game was finishing Suzette called me to the kitchen to help make Salad Nicoise for dinner.  I cubed fresh Aji tuna, a tomato and made a Dijonaise dressing with Seeded French mustard, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt, chopped basil, and olive oil.  Suzette steamed and chopped stalks of asparagus, and sautéed a cubed baked potato, and the cubed tuna and washed and spun three kinds of lettuce (Romaine, bibb, and a power assortment) and composed the salad.  Here is a picture. 

 


Later in the evening Suzette made us dessert: bowls filled with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup and garnished with roasted peanuts and several of Suzette’s homemade maraschino cherries.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment