Tuesday, October 20, 2020

October 20, 2020 Lunch – Taco Salad. Dinner – Steak, Enchiladas, and Steamed Broccoli

 October 20, 2020 Lunch – Taco Salad. Dinner – Steak, Enchiladas, and Steamed Broccoli

Today was Luke’s 35th birthday.  I called him to wish him well.  He seems to be doing well, so I am happy for him.

At 10:00 I made breakfast: patty sausages, fried eggs over easy, and two slices of French baguette.

The market perked up today for some reason.  The biggest surprise was that the U.S. filed an anti-trust complaint against Google and the stock price increased about $50.00.  Go figure.

My portfolio finished up about .6% for the day regaining almost .4% of the loss from the big sell off on Thursday.

 I paid property taxes for several oil and gas properties in Mother’s trust before lunch.

I decided to make a salad at 1:30 with a diced tomato, 1/3 of a cucumber peeled and sliced, a large radish sliced, Romaine and bibb lettuce torn, and about 12 oz. of the PPI ground beef, green chili, and egg mixture from Sunday’s burritos plus some Cesar dressing reconstituted with lemon juice and olive oil and ½ tsp. of salt we bought in Hawaii. I loved the salad.  

After lunch I thawed a rib steak in case Suzette wanted to eat steak and enchiladas for dinner.

After lunch I drank a Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk and at 4:15 I rode five miles south.  Shortly after I returned at 5:00 Suzette arrived home hungry a few minutes later and readily agreed to my dinner suggestion.  We also decided to steam some broccoli and serve the dinner with sliced tomato wedges and avocado slices.

In a few minutes, Suzette brought in the char grilled steak, the broccoli was steamed and two squares of enchiladas were heated in the microwave.







  Suzette drank her scotch and I drank the last glass of 2015 Rivero Reserva Tempranillo with dinner.

We watched Finding Your Roots on PBS, which was very interesting because neither persons knew their grandparents and it required DNA matching with likely relatives to connect the dots.

At 8:00 we turned the TV off . I took a box of wine to the basement and fetched a bottle of Claude Chatelier VS cognac and poured a sip and blogged while Suzette filled the dish washer and then went to watch Trevor Noah.

I am glad I bought 4 bottles of this cognac at Trader Joe’s last week. It is light and lacks any harsh after taste and costs $19.95, so is the best cognac for under $20.00 I have found in Albuquerque.




I avoided dessert but Suzette ate a Pumpkin cookie garnished with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup.

 Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment