Saturday, October 3, 2020

October 3, 2020 Brunch – Sausage, Potato, egg, green chili, and onion burritos. Dinner – Garlic Eggplant and Rice

 October 3, 2020 Brunch – Sausage, Potato, egg, green chili, and onion burritos.  Dinner – Garlic Eggplant and Rice 

Today turned out to be a lot about spirits.

I started by watching some soccer including a tie between newly elevated Leeds against Man City and then walked ½ mile.

We then made burritos stuffed with Sausage, Potato, egg, and onion garnished with avocado slices and Cholula.   

 


      

        My open faced burrito

I made camomile tea and Suzette drank water.

During and after brunch I watched a TCU beat Texas 33 to 31.  It was a great game.

Then we took empty bottles to recycling and on to Trader Joe’s.  There was a line, so I waited and Suzette drove to Total Wine where she bought her favorite scotch and three six packs of beer.

After ten to fifteen minutes of waiting for clients to leave Trader Joe’s I was admitted.  I quickly collected a wedge of Iberico cheese, a bottle of St. Sagnol, a white Cotes Du Rhone, a Sauvignon Blanc, and a Barbera D’Asti plus 4 bottles of Claude Chatelier VS cognac.


 
  When we returned home at 4:45 the Cooper’s hawk was sitting on the bird bath.

We decided to make chicken stock so I fetched the rest of the roast chicken left from last night’s dinner and de-boned the meat.  I put the bones int9 a pot to which Suzette added a chopped carrot, ½ onion, and several stalks of celery chopped and simmered the bones into a broth.

 Unfortunately. we had decided to make garlic eggplant and Suzette needed to pick an eggplant in the garden, so when she went to the garden the hawk flew away

Here is the recipe.



I made rice with 2 cups of water flavored with dehydrated chicken stock and when the water boiled I added 1 cup of long grain rice and simmered it covered at the lowest temperature on the smallest burner on our stove. 

When Suzette brought in the eggplant, I sliced it into 2 to 3 inch by 1/3 inch slices.  I then peeled and sliced the same amount of zucchini slices and sliced a 2/3 lb. chunk of pork steak into strips also, while Suzette chopped onion and garlic. 

Suzette fried the slices of eggplant and zucchini in oil in the wok until cooked and then drained the oil by laying them on a paper towel.

While they were frying she made the seasoning sauce with rice vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, water and hoisin sauce instead of oyster sauce.

She then drained much of the oil and sautéed the garlic, onion, chopped asparagus, and pork in the wok and added the seasoning sauce to thicken the liquid into a sauce.

Suzette served the dish on the warm rice for a wonderful meal.

I was hungry, so I warmed and ate some PPI cobbler with whipped cream with two cups Earl a Grey tea and later after a Suzette opened one of the cognacs, a sip of cognac with two Belgium chocolates, another cup of tea and a sip of cognac.



Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I followed at 10:30 after writing this blog.


Bon Appetit 





No comments:

Post a Comment