Monday, October 12, 2020

October 11, 2020 Brunch – Vietnamese Chicken Omelet. Dinner – Poached Salmon with garlic cream sauce and Broccoli and Cauliflower Couscous

 October 11, 2020 Brunch – Vietnamese Chicken Omelet. Dinner – Poached Salmon with garlic cream sauce and Broccoli and Cauliflower Couscous

I slept until 8:30.  Then watched the news while Suzette worked until noon when we made brunch.  I went to the garden and picked kale, arugula and Chard, chives, and basil

I de-stemmed and chopped the greens with four green onions and a PPICooked Bobby Flay Chicken thigh.

I then sautéed the chopped ingredients and after they seemed somewhat cooked added a handful of mung bean sprouts and after those softened I added three beaten eggs with the last tsp. of the Vietnamese fish sauce. After about ten minutes the egg began to congeal and I lay some chopped cilantro and parsley leaves on one side of the omelet and flipped one side onto the other and after a minute more I cut the omelet in half and served it.

We drank glasses of cold sake outside in the garden as we ate our omelet.

After lunch I shelled cloves garlic from their heads and watched football and the finish of the Paris to Tours bike race and then read and napped until 4:30.  I then helped Suzette plant the garlic cloves and then watched the Cowboys win against against the Giants.

It was 5:45 and after the news we watched 60 Minutes until 7:00 and then the Fareed Zacharia’s special on the Diminishment of America’s stature in the world.

While I watched I peeled and sliced 6 Bosc pears I had bought for $.99 at Smith’s.  I then went to the garage and fetched bottles of the sauce Suzette made for maraschino cherries and covered the pears with it

 and simmered the pear slices until they were cooked and absorbed the liquid.

At 7:30 Suzette began cooking.  She Poached a ¾ lb. salmon filet in wine, garlic, water, shallot, chicken stock and butter.  After the salmon was Poached, Suzette added broth to flour to made a paste and then added the paste to the skillet holding the poaching medium and made a cream sauce.

I removed about 1 ½ cup of cauliflower and broccoli from their heads and then Suzette processed them in the Cuisinart into small chunks resembling Couscous   She then sautéed the Couscous in a skillet with butter and olive oil until the vegetables were cooked.lli poured glasses of Pinot Grigio while Suzette served the salmon drizzled with cream sauce on a bed of Broccoli and Cauliflower Couscous.


It was a simple and delicious dinner that I loved.

I did not need dessert, but Suzette ate a small bowl of ice cream with some of the poached pears. I tasted the pears before going to bed and they were delicious.    



We watched the two newPBS Masterpiece thrillers (Flesh and Blood and Cobra) and then went to bed at 10:00.


Bon Appetit


 


No comments:

Post a Comment