Monday, October 19, 2020

October 19, 2020 Lunch – PPI Enchiladas with Lettuce, Nixon, and tomato garnish. Dinner – PPI Baked Penne with meat sauce and Sautéed Portobello Mushrooms, onion, and Spinach

 October 19, 2020 Lunch – PPI Enchiladas with Lettuce, Nixon, and tomato garnish. Dinner – PPI Baked Penne with meat sauce and Sautéed Portobello Mushrooms, onion, and Spinach

  


I ate a small whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, a slice of onion, and smoked Whitefish at 10:00 with a cup of green tea.

I went to the courthouse and filed papers at 11:30.

Peter Eller had agreed to come by for lunch.  When he arrived at 12:30 bearing a bag of fresh portobello mushrooms I heated two pieces of PPI Enchiladas and chopped a tomato, five lettuce leaves, and a slice of onion for garnishing the Enchiladas.  



I heated the Enchiladas in the microwave and opened two beers.  I drank a Sam Adams Oktoberfest and Peter chose a Michelob Light.  I liked the malty Sam Adams, but Peter did not like the Michelob Light so I gave him the last of my Sam Adams.

After lunch I gave Peter a chunk of Bittersweet chocolate with almonds for dessert and to introduce him to the 1 kilo Belgium chocolate bars sold at Trader Joe’s.

I worked during the afternoon until after 5:00 when Suzette arrived.

Suzette and I sautéed mushrooms, spinach, and onion to accompany the re-heated PPI Baked Penne with meat sauce.  I opened a bottle of Rivero Reserva Tempranillo that was delicious with the meal and did not fade after being open for a while, that I bought for $6.99 at Costco. 

  We watched the Antiques Roadshow and then a variety of shows until 9:30 when Suzette went to bed and I blogged.


I really enjoyed the addition of sautéed portobello mushrooms, onions, and spinach to the pasta dish.


For dessert I ate two pieces of Belgium chocolate and a chocolate chip cookie.


The market was a complete disaster today with the Dow dropping almost 400 points and my portfolio dropping 1 ½%.  It was the worse day since early September.


I guess I will need to wait for Biden to win before the market moves up again.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment