Wednesday, January 8, 2020

January 8, 2020 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – PPI Penne Pasta in tomato cream sauce with crisp Serrano Ham and scallops served on a bed of organic baby broccoli.

January 8, 2020 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – PPI Penne Pasta in tomato cream sauce with crisp Serrano Ham and scallops served on a bed of organic baby broccoli.

This was a day filled with activity, but mainly enhanced PPIs.  No new dishes or recipes.

I did not eat breakfast, but at 11:30 i heated the PPI Miso Noodle Soup and added three sliced white mushrooms, a heaping T. of red Miso, the ends of a bunch of baby broccoli, and a pho seasoning cube.  The soup was full of flavor and I enjoyed it.

I finished my probate documents by 1:00 and drove to a client’s and delivered the Line Extension Agreement to extend electrical service to the upstairs apartment at the candy store to PNM.  Then I went to Eye Associates for my annual eye exam at 2:30.  They were busy and I was nor seen until 4:30..  I left at 5:15 and arrived at the main post office at 5:28 with two minutes to spare and mailed my probate notices.

Suzette was home when I arrived.  We discussed dinner and decided to serve steamed baby broccoli with the PPI Penne Pasta in tomato cream sauce with crisp fried Serrano Ham and scallops.  We decided to open a chilled bottle of Gruet Chenin Blanc we found in the fridge for dinner.

Suzette chopped the broccoli so it would fit into the steamer.  When the broccoli was steamed Suzette heated the pasta in the microwave and placed a pile of broccoli into each pasta bowl and divided the PPI pasta dish between the bowls.

I poured glasses of 2018 Chenin Blanc.  The wine went well with the pasta, but we both noticed that the wine had turned a more yellow tint and was starting to oxidize.  We decided we needed to drink the last three or four bottles as soon as possible.



After dinner we each ate a small bowl with a couple of scoops of darkest chocolate ice cream and the drunken eggnog ice cream doused with Hershey’s chocolate syrup.  The ice cream is very special and a wonderful Christmas gift from Suzette’s brother, Jeff.

The Market did back flips during the last 24 hours.  Last night after the Iranian missile attack futures dropped 320 points, gold shot up 32 points and oil shot up.  But as the evening progressed and it became apparent that the Iran’s revenge strike was measured and strategic and that US would not retaliate, everything reversed.  The Dow gained 161 points driven mainly by tech stocks and my portfolio increased by over ½%.

I had a client call me around 7:30 after dinner who needed a document reviewed, so I did that this evening to finish my full day of activity.

I drank a cup of green tea and nibbled a biscochito while I reviewed the document.

Bon Appetit










No comments:

Post a Comment