Tuesday, January 14, 2020

January 13, 2019 Lunch – Vinaigrette Dinner – Sautéed Rib Steak, mushroom, and onion slices with steamed green beans and baked sweet potato

January 13, 2019 Lunch – Vinaigrette   Dinner – Sautéed Rib Steak, mushroom, and onion slices with steamed green beans and baked sweet potato

The most momentous news today is that my motion to intervene into the U.S. Supreme Court case between Texas and NM was denied.

That leaves us back in the New Mexico courts for now.

I ate yogurt, tropical fruit salad, and granola for breakfast.


At 12:15 Willy called and we decided to go to lunch at Vinaigrette.

He walked from work and we drove to the restaurant.  He ordered the turmeric drink and an omega salad and Cuban sandwich combo and I ordered a Cobb Salad.



During lunch Max, one of Willy’s old Salty Dog skateboarder friends, stopped by to say hello.  Then after lunch Jennifer Bean waved hello as she walked by.  We said hello to Sandy Buffet and her lunch friend Marla and talked about our meal planned for a Wednesday evening.  Then Cyndy McCresson said hello.  I was beginning to think this was a high end Cocktail Party.

Finally we returned home around 1:45, which meant I was able to see the market close.  It was impressive with many tech stocks going up today.  For example, Apple went up $7.50 per share.  My portfolio increased by over .8%.  A very good day in the Market.

When I returned home I thawed a rib steak.

I rested until 4:30 and then at 5:00 I walked ½ mile and returned around 5:30.  I watched the BBC news and drank a hot buttered rum.

Suzette came home around 6:00 and we decided to cook the steak, bake a sweet potato, and steam the green beans.  We also decided to sauté onion rings and mushroom slices.

I snapped the approximately 1/3 lb. of green beans and put them into the steamer.  I also sliced an onion into six thin slices and sliced four mushrooms into thick slices.

Suzette took over at this point.  She sautéed the onions and then sautéed the mushroom slices and steak.  I fetched the Béarnaise Sauce and opened a bottle of 2015 Chateau Roudier Montaigne-St. Emillon Bordeaux red ($12.95 Trader Joe’s) and poured two glasses.








When the steak was cooked to medium rare I sliced it and Suzette placed a baked sweet potato on each plate beside a pile of string beans.  We then added slices of beef. I added Béarnaise sauce to my steak and it was delicious, although the sautéed onion rings and mushrooms were delightful also.

Suzette Whipped up a batch of Martha Stewart’s sweet and spicy pecans before dinner and baked them during dinner in the still warm oven and we ate some for our dessert.

I liked the dinner a lot but did not enjoy the wine.  It was not as good as prior years’ vintages I have previously drunk. It had more tannins that obscured its fruitiness, although Vinvivo scored it 4.1 and scored the 2014 only 3.7.



That proves the axiom that the only taste that matters is your taste.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment