Saturday, January 11, 2020

January 10, 2020 Lunch – Vietnam 2000 Dinner – PPI Meatloaf with PPI Baked Acorn Squash stuffed with Asparagus

January 10, 2020 Lunch – Vietnam 2000  Dinner – PPI Meatloaf with PPI Baked Acorn Squash stuffed with Asparagus

I ate a quick breakfast of granola, milk, yogurt, and ½ mango diced.

At 11:30 Peter and Dodi picked me up and drove us to Vietnam 2000, because Peter likes their iced Vietnamese coffee.

Peter and Dodi ordered No. 67, Bahn with beef wrapped shrimp, one of the unique dishes Vietnam 2000 features.  Bahn is patted squares of cooked vermicelli rice noodles with slices of cucumber, fish sauce and lettuce leaves.




I ordered a dish I had never had before at Vietnam 2000, Soup with rice oodles and a duck leg.  It was delicious. I loved the tender duck meat that fell off the bone at the touch and created a broth full of duck flavor and the added flavor from fresh basil and cilantro.

After lunch and a quick check to see that my portfolio dodged a bullet today and lost less than $1000 even though the Dow dropped 133 points, I drove to the courthouse and then to Jubilation.  I had not bought anything at Jubilation in the last ten years.  I think their selection is good but their prices are usually higher than other stores I frequent, such as Total Wine, Costco, and my favorite, Trader  Joe’s.  I bought a bottle of French Crème de Cassis for $32.00 and a markdown Zinfandel for $5.99 and swore never to return.  I fear for the survival of Jubilation, which used to be Albuquerque’s best liquor store.  The big competitors are expanding their selections of higher end wines and spirits at prices that seem to me to be below those charged by Jubilation. After looking around Jubilation for something that appealed to me I left with the two bottles.

I then drove to Sprouts where I bought fresh Atlantic salmon, green beans, Brussels sprouts, a 2 lb. bag of 16 -20 count shrimp for $9.98, yogurt, and firm tofu.

I returned home a bit before 5:00.  I was saddened that the Nightly Business News has been removed from the 5:00 slot, but I had work to do and spent the next hour talking to clients.

Suzette came home a little before 6:00 and I got off the phone at 6:30 to watch Shields and Brooks on the PBS news.

We decided to use two PPIs, a roasted acorn squash and the last of the meatloaf.  Suzette filled the cavity of the squash with diced stalks of asparagus, some brown sugar and butter and heated them in
the microwave, which cooked the asparagus.


We decided to drink a light red, so I opened a bottle of 2015 Aquino riserva Chianti (Trader Joe’s $5.99), which garners a 3.4 rating on Vivino, which is a so.id rating for such an inexpensive wine.

I liked the wine with the meatloaf and sipped it as I ate three different cheeses after dinner, Beaufort, Boursin, and D’Isgny brie.

We watched the news and I watched Roadhouse later.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment