Sunday, January 26, 2020

January 26, 2020 Brunch – Bagel, goat cheese, onion, Lax, and capers. Late lunch/early dinner – Little Anita’s

January 26, 2020 Brunch – Bagel, goat cheese, onion, Lax, and capers. Late lunch/early dinner – Little Anita’s

We often eat only two meals on Sundays because activities on Sundays are often different than our normal workday schedule and today was in keeping with that altered schedule.

I worked and watched the news until 10:30 when Suzette ate eggs, a smoked pork cutlet and the last of the piñon Couscous.  I went to my Eastern European roots with a toasted sesame seed bagel spread with goat cheese and garnished with slices of red onion, Gravad lax, and capers.  I drank a cup of camomile and mint tea.

We then went to the building.  The welders Suzette expected to come did not, so she went home to continue working on her project to make screens to hang from the railing along Mountain Rd. to block the view of the outdoor patio of Willy’s apartment.

I went to Lowe’s to have two additional keys made.

Then at 12:00 we returned and installed two of the screens Suzette had finished.  They look terrific, very professional.

Brian, Robert, and Chris arrived with a new possible food partner to inspect the kitchen at 1:00.  I gave them a set of keys and kept painting.

We then painted the small building at the back of the lot brown.  I actually painted two sides of the building by 2:15 when Willy arrived.  I was very proud of my effort, but sore, tired and hungry.  I rested in the car for a few minutes and dozed a bit until Suzette came to awaken me.
I  invited a Willy to join us at Little Anita’s but he had just eaten, so Suzette and I crossed the street to Little Anita’s for a late lunch.  Suzette ordered a green chili cheese burger with French Fries. I ordered Carnitas with beans and rice and corn tortillas and red chili on the side.

    M   


                                               The back of the building is almost finished

Suzette liked her burger but said, “Monroe’s burger is better”.
I made soft tacos by spreading a thick smear of refried beans in a line across the middle of tortillas, then pieces of the fried pork, and finally rice

The filled tortillas were delicious.  Suzette drank a Negra Modelo and I drank two 20 oz. glasses of Dr. Pepper, which got me feeling much better.  The best antidote for me when I get weak is sugar, so the large quantity of Dr. Pepper pepped me up.

After we finished our meal our waitress brought us two huge sopapillas and honey syrup that were piping hot and delicious.

Little Anita’s seems to serve acceptable traditional New Mexican Cuisine.  I liked my carnitas way more than I thought I would.

We drove home after lunch and I went out for a rather vigorous 1/3 mile walk and felt fine.  When I returned home I read the latest Business week article on Leon Black, a very successful private equity investor.

At 7:00 I returned to the TV room and we watched Howard’s End, Sanditon.  At 9:00 after Sanditon, Suzette went to bed and I stayed up to watch Vienna Blood a murder mystery series set in 1904 Vienna featuring an unlikely buddy team of a policeman and a young Jewish doctor/psychiatrist.  The doctor is a follower of Freud and uses psychology to help the detective solve murders.

I went to bed at 10:00 still full from our New Mexican feast at Little Anita’s.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment