Wednesday, January 22, 2020

January 22, 2020. Lunch- PPI Chirashi Donburi. Dinner – PPI Pork and Sauerkraut and Sausages and cabbage over PPI Mashed Potatoes with Steamed Broccoli

January 22, 2020. Lunch- PPI Chirashi Donburi. Dinner – PPI Pork and Sauerkraut and Sausages and cabbage over PPI Mashed Potatoes with Steamed Broccoli

Sort of an East meets West food day.

I ate the usual granola, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad for breakfast.

Then for lunch I ate the remaining ½ of the Chirashi Donburi I ordered on Monday at Azuma.  It was delicious.  The yellowtail, octopus, and salmon seemed to retain their freshness. It was just as wonderful as being at the restaurant for me. I brewed cups of green tea.  It was lovely.


After lunch at 1:30 I rode 6 miles to the South.  There was a strong approximately 17 mph headwind out of the north riding home but I made it and celebrated with another cup of green tea and three cookies.

I worked until 5:30 and then drove to El Super because I saw that one of the specials today was yellow onions for 4 lb./$.99, I also bought limes, yams, Mexican Squash, and Braeburn apples for 2 lb./$.99.  I bought broccoli crowns for $1.19/lb., lovely fresh green beans for $1.29/lb., and snow peas for $3.79/lb. Parsley and cilantro were $.33/bunch.  I splurged and bought a bunch of green onions for $.67.

I also bought a pound of medium heads on shrimp for $3.99/lb. for BBQ shrimp and 20 large eggs for $2.49.

After I rEturned home and unloaded Suzette took over.  She had thawed several items this week and we had planned to combine and heat one container each of Pork and Sauerkraut and Bratwurst and cabbage.  We had enough PPI mashed Potatoes to share.  The only thing needed was a green vegetable.  Suzette heated the Pork and Sauerkraut and Bratwurst and cabbage. In a casserole and steamed some broccoli and heated the mashed potatoes on the microwave.  I fetched two beers from the porch and pretty soon we had a delicious German dinner.  We drank beers with the food to make the meal even more authentically German.

Suzette as raised in central Pennsylvania in Amish country in a family of German ancestry.  I realized soon after we started our relationship and visited her family that her folks and the area I always had associated with the Pennsylvania Dutch were in fact were Pennsylvania Deutsch.  We simply had been phonetically mis-pronouncing the German word for being  German.

During and after dinner we watched Congressman Schiff’s closing of the House’s first day of their presentation in the Impeachment of President Trump and went to bed at 9:00, although I stayed up until 10:30 to  blog and eat an orange.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment