Thursday, November 8, 2018

November 7, 2018 Lunch – Vinaigrette. Dinner – Chicken Curry and Rice


November 7, 2018 Lunch – Vinaigrette. Dinner – Chicken Curry and Rice

I started with granola, milk, yogurt, and grapes.  The plumbers came today and fixed the boiler, so we finally have heat.

I called Willy at 12:30 to ask him if he had eaten lunch.  He said, “I am just leaving now.”  We agreed to meet at Vinaigrette.  I was detained by instructions from the plumbers, so Willy called me and I asked him to place my order for a French Frisee Salad. When I arrived Willy was seated at a table and had ordered.  Soon the waitress brought his ginger carrot juice soda and then our salads.  Willy ordered  THE NUTTY PEAR-FESSOR
Grilled Bosc pears, bacon crumbles, toasted pecan halves and tangy Maytag blue cheese served with tender greens and ruby port vinaigrette.

 I ordered the FRENCH FRISÉE
French bistro staple with frisée greens, poached egg, bacon lardons and a warm shallot vinaigrette

The French Frisee is my favorite salad especially with extra crispy lardons.



I also ordered bread and olive oil. Vinaigrette serves bread only on request and it is deliciously warm focaccia, so should be ordered.



A piece of focaccia on a puddle of olive oil
We enjoyed lunch.

After lunch I returned home and discovered the market had one of its best days in a long time. It
appears to be reacting positively to the election results, which is more than I can say for the President
based upon his behavior at his news conference today.



I walked around the block and then worked for a bit.  At 4:30 I started making curry.  I diced and sautéed three onions, two small heads of garlic, three sweet potatoes, two apples, the meat from 7 boiled chicken thighs, and ½ cup of raisins.  I then transferred the ingredients to a pot and added the approximately three cups of chicken broth resulting from the boiling of the chicken thighs and simmered the pot on a low temperature until 8:30.  I also made two cups of rice, utilizing the four cups of duck stock Suzette had made from the duck carcass last week.


Todd arrived at 7:20 and we meditated for 1/2 hour.  I then made a thickening seasoning sauce with 1 heaping T. of cornstarch mixed into 2/3 cup of heavy cream.  Todd took a bowl of curry and rice home.  Then Suzette and I ate curry on rice with Mango chutney, five vegetable pickle, and sweet lime pickle.  Pickle adds sourness to the dish while chutney usually adds sweetness.








The rice

At 9:00 Willy arrived and enjoyed two plates.  I loved the flavor of both the rice and the curry.  The rice was dense with duck flavor and the curry was light and fruity from the cream and raisins, apples, and sweet potato.

I ate a piece of key lime pie for dessert with a cup of chai.



Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment