Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November 19, 2018 Lunch – Chicken Wonton soup. Dinner – Bobby Flay Chicken with Sautéed Zucchini and Onions and Pesto flavored Spaghetti


Perhaps the best meal of the day was breakfast, ½ whole wheat bagel sliced in half, toasted and smeared with cream cheese, and bedecked with slices of red onion and Gravad Lax and sprinkled with capers.

I drank a cup of chai with it.

I worked until 12:30 and then showered and dressed.  I then reconstituted the PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup by adding a cup of a Suzette’s superb chicken stock with about another 2 cups of water.

I then diced and added the supreme from the PPI roasted chicken breast, seven chicken mini-wontons, and a handful of spinach leaves plus a dash of sesame oil and a T. of Chinese cooking wine.   The soup was a bit watery but more than edible.

After my 3:00 appointment a bit after 5:00 I stopped at Lowe’s on the  way home to pick up two frozen prepared pie shells.  Suzette was home when I arrived and had had a bad day at the office.  I commiserated with her having had my worst day in the market in a year.

I suggested we make Bobby Flay Chicken with the seven thighs I had bought at El Super last Thursday.  I had trouble finding the Paprika, so Suzette helped and found a bag of Middle Eastern seasoning, which we put in a freezer bag. Then Suzette found the Paprika and we put some in the bag, plus some salt and pepper and shuck the bag to coat the thighs with seasoning.

Willy arrived on his newly purchased 250 cc motorcycle and stayed for dinner.

Suzette heated olive oil and some butter the large cast iron skillet and weighed the chicken down with a  slightly smaller skillet filled with water and sautéed the Chicken thighs about ten minutes on each side until they were browned and then put them on a baking tray in the oven and baked then for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.

 While Suzette was sautéing the chicken I halved and sliced three zucchini and 1/2 of a small red onion, which I then sautéed in 2 T. of olive oil and 1 T. of butter over moderate heat.  I added about 1 tsp. Of crushed dried oregano and the juice of 1 small lemon to flavor the zucchini.

Suzette asked Willy if he wanted any spaghetti with pesto, of course, he said, “Yes.”   So she put a heaping T. of pesto into the freezer bag of spaghetti and heated it in the microwave.

Suzette plated pasta bowls with pesto flavored spaghetti and we ladled sautéed zucchini on each plate and lay a thigh on top of the spaghetti.  We drank the three open bottles of wine.   The dinner was delicious.




I always enjoy Bobby Flay

After dinner we shuttled Willy to pick up his car and returned home a bit after 9:00 and went to bed.

Bon Appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment