Friday, November 16, 2018

November 16, 2018 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Cajun BBQ Shrimp and Salad

November 16, 2018 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Cajun BBQ Shrimp and Salad

I slept in a bit this morning, having stayed up until 6:30 a.m. blogging and reading.

I ate a breakfast of granola, milk, tropical fruit salad, and granola.

I had talked to Mike several days ago and agreed to go to lunch together today.  I worked until almost 1:00 and Luke was still working at the house, so we drove to Taj Mahal to meet Mike.  Mike saved us the priority table in the center of the restaurant.  There was a new dish today, tandoori grilled sausage.  I ate two pieces of sausage plus three beef meatballs, 1 tandoori chicken thigh, some chicken tikka masala, saag, and onions.  Taj Mahal is one of Luke’s favorite Indian restaurants, which is saying a lot from one who has lived and eaten Indian food in NYC and LA.


Mike told us about his exercise regimen, which includes a planned ½ marathon run in under 2 hours, which is about 9 minutes per mile.

Luke told us about his favorite Vietnamese restaurant in LA, with it amazing food, including an omelet served with rice flour squares and hot water.  The squares are dipped in the hot water to soften them and then one puts the omelet in the rice wrapper and eats it.

After lunch I helped Luke draft a letter regarding his proposed house purchase.  He then left for Santa Fe and I lay down for a 45 minute nap at 2:30.

I was awakened by a call from Aaron at 3:15, who was delivering a check.  I then went to the bank and deposited checks and then drove to El Super to shop. I bought sweet limes, sweet potatoes, and Zucchini squash for $.50/lb. Cucumbers were 4 for $.99, small avocados, atafaula mangos, and bunches of Mexican green onions were $.50 each.  Radishes were 3 bunches for $.97.  Leeks were $1.69 per bunch. I bought potatoes for $2.69 for 10 lb. and whole wheat tortillas for $1.49 per dozen. Yellow onions 5 lb. for $.99 and carrots were 3 lb. for $.99.  I then bought a gallon of milk for $2.49 and a 6 oz. bag of dried guajillo chili’s.  I finally went to the meat department where I bought 1.5 lb. of head on shrimp for $4.29/lb., chicken thighs for $.79/lb. and smoked pork chops for $3.49/lb.

It was dusk when I left the store and I got home a couple minutes after 5:00 and ran into the house to watch the business news after putting the meats into the garage fridge.

Suzette arrived just as I sat down.  I told Suzette I had bought 1.5 lb. of fresh shrimp and she  immediately decided to make Cajun BBQ shrimp.

We had difficulty deciding on a vegetable, but finally decided on my making a salad.  While SuZette prepared the BBQ shrimp using a modified Paul Prudhomme recipe from the Louisiana Kitchen Cookbook, I made a salad with leaf lettuce, sliced radishes, green onions, a tomato, and sliced cucumber dressed with my Cesar salad dressing.




We toasted slices of French baguette to dip in the sauce and enjoyed a really delicious and healthy meal.  We drank beer with the meal, which is customary.

We each ate a piece of banana nut bread for dessert.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment