Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November 21, 2018 Lunch – Chicken Salad Dinner – Sautéed Salmon and Vegetable Medley of Sweet Potatoes, Cauliflower, and Cabbage


November 21, 2018 Lunch – Chicken Salad   Dinner – Sautéed Salmon and Vegetable Medley of Sweet Potatoes, Cauliflower, and Cabbage

I started the day with a toasted slice of bagel smeared with cream cheese and layered with slices of yellow onion and Gravad Lax, with a cup of sweet lime and hot water.

I worked until 1:00 and then made a salad with the PPI Roasted chicken breast, sliced tomatoes, a sliced radish, ½ of an avocado, 8 or 9 green cracked olives, three dill pickles, and a head of romaine lettuce dressed with my continuously replenished Cesar dressing.


Luke, Autumn, and Debbie arrived just as I was starting to eat and made themselves lunch of the PPI butternut squash and quinoa from last night.

After lunch at about 2:40 I lay down and napped until 4:00, when I drove to the new Sprouts on Coors to buy a turkey bag for Suzette in which to roast the turkey and Brussels sprouts for Willy’s Roasted Brussels sprouts and piñon nuts dish for Thanksgiving.

I also bought a 2 lb. filet of salmon, sour cream, eggs, asparagus, two 1 liter bottles of Spanish olive oil, and acorn, kabocha, and spaghetti squashes.

A bit after 5:00 I stoped at Donut Mart on the way home and picked up four bagels, two onion, one everything, and one garlic. I am ready to serve the kids lox and bagels on the weekend.

I unpacked and called Willy to invite him for salmon for dinner.  At 5:45 I went to meditate.  When I returned at 7:00, Suzette had already cut up in the Cuisinart and sautéed in a skillet cabbage and cauliflower with diced sweet potato.

I cut smaller fillets of the fresh salmon and froze the remaining 1 lb. of fish.

When Willy arrived Suzette quickly sautéed the salmon and plated dinner in a very appealing manner, first a pile of the vegetable medley in a pasta bowl topped with a sautéed salmon filet garnished with a generous spoonful of Suzette’s recently made cranberry and lingon sylt sauce.



I fetched a chilled bottle of 2015 Benton Lane rose’ and poured glasses for each of us..  Amazingly the wine survived the basement flood and heat treatment and still tasted good.

After dinner I sliced up the Brussels sprouts and put them in a ceramic casserole dish for Willy to take and roast with piñon nuts tomorrow. When Willy left we watched the news, especially interesting was Trump’s new feud with Chief Justice Roberts.  I don’t understand how trump thinks he can bend the independent judiciary to his will with tweets.

I toasted a slice of pumpkin bread and ate it with some cognac mixed with Grand  Marnier, a chocolate truffle, and a cup of chai.

We went to bed a bit before 10:00.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment