Thursday, November 15, 2018

November 14, 2018 Lunch – Beef and Chicken Tacos and Salad Dinner – Roast Chicken with Cauliflower Couscous made with asparagus, green peas, pimientos, and green beans

November 14, 2018 Lunch – Beef and Chicken Tacos and Salad  Dinner – Roast Chicken with Cauliflower Couscous made with asparagus, green peas, pimientos, and green beans

Today I attended the all Business Law Seminar.  There is food served all day long starting with four kinds of sweet rolls, fruit salad, and granola bars in the morning with tea and coffee.  Here is my morning plate of food.

Lunch was beef and chicken tacos, either crispy corn shells or small flour tortillas plus all the fixings, chopped tomatoes, cheese, and salsa.  I selected two flour tortillas and covered them with beef and chicken and a bit of cheese and took a side salad.  The food was delicious.

There were snacks in the afternoon which I passed on.

When the seminar ended at 4:30 I returned home and put the roasting chicken onto a spandex roasting rack in a Pyrex baking dish filled to ¼ inch with water into the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and then turned down the heat to 350 degrees and left a note for Suzette and went to meditate.

When I returned  home at 7:15 the chicken had reached 165 degrees and been removed from the oven and Suzette had finished sautéing cauliflower Couscous with asparagus, green peas, pimientos, and green beans plus salt and pepper. This was the most successful cauliflower Couscous to date because the Couscous was more finely puréed and integrated with the other vegetables so that they shared a common texture and flavor.  We like cooking with pimientos.

I carved the chicken and placed quartered chicken pieces on top of the Couscous.

I had chilled a bottle of Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc rated 92 points by Wine Spectator I bought at Costco yesterday for $10.99.  It was minerally and had a decidedly dry finish. Luke thought it had a slightly bitter finish. I liked it but that slight bitter finish would keep me from giving it a 92.

After dinner I drank some lemoncello And ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream.

I vow to stop eating sweets and desserts every day as I did today.  Halloween is officially over.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment