Sunday, November 18, 2018

November 18, 2018 Breakfast – Carne Adovado Burritos. Lunch – Liverwurst Sandwiches. Dinner – Sautéed Smoked Pork Chop with Baked Sweet Potato and Creamed Spinach

I woke at 4:30, watched the Man U v. Man City match from last week.

Later I learned that this was International Week when England played Croatia and won 2 to 1 to advance in the EUFA tournament.

At 9:00 Suzette made carne adovado burritos with the PPI carne adovado and beef enchilada from our lunch at The Shed yesterday plus a sautéed potato, ¼ onion diced, scrambled with three eggs.

The PPI carne adovado 
I drank camomile tea.

Suzette then went to Lowe’s and bought poppy colored spray paint and sprayed the table she bought yesterday and two chairs.  She is creating a dining area on the terrace next to her office in Los Lunas.

I watched Dallas beat Atlanta 22 to 19.

Willy came by to do his laundry and I made liverwurst and cucumber sandwiches for me and Suzette ate a slice of liverwurst lettuce wrap and Willy made a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich.



At 3:00 I rode my bike 4 or five miles around the Tingley Beach Lakes and South to Bridge St. and back home.

When I returned at 4:00 Suzette was making glazed Quince, raisin, apple, apricot and cranberry compote by baking the fruits in a casserole in the oven in the syrup she cooked the quinces in.


She put three sweet potatoes in the oven to roast beside the Quince casserole.

When I returned I made Potato and Leeek soup. By slicing 4 cups of leeks and 4 1/2 cups of potatoes and 2 tsp. of salt.  Instead of 2 quarts of water I used 1 quart of chicken stock and 5 cups of water and simmered the vegetables in a Le Creuset casserole for forty minutes. A bit after 6:00 Suzette suggested we soak in the hot tub.  After we soaked for about fifteen minutes we smelled the soup boiling, so we returned to turn it off.  Tomorrow I will finish the soup by pureeing it and then adding cream, parsley, and chives.


Suzette made dinner. She sautéed two smoked pork chops and sautéed some diced onion and added cream and about three cups of de-stemmed spinach leaves to make creamed spinach.





We ate as we watched the last of 60 Minutes.  Then we watched Durrell’s in Corfu, Poldark, and Woman in White.  Between shows Suzette made a lovely parfait of the glazed Quince compote and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

We went to bed at 10:00.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment