Monday, November 26, 2018

November 25, 2018 Brunch – Turkey Burrito. Dinner – Texas Chili with Sautéed Yellow Squash, Red Onion, and Poblano chile

November 25, 2018 Brunch – Turkey Burrito. Dinner – Texas Chili with Sautéed Yellow Squash, Red Onion, and Poblano chile

I tried to rest today.  I watched the news programs, while Suzette covered the trees with straw.

We then made Turkey Burritos.  Suzette sautéed turkey meat, red onion, and PPI pieces of sweet potato and russet potato until cooked and then added three whisked eggs and slices of aged Gruyere cheese.

We toasted whole wheat tortillas on the open flame of the stove top burner and wrapped some of the egg mixture in a tortilla and sprinkled the top with Cholula red sauce.  I drank Camomile tea with my burrito and Suzette drank a beer.



We watched the end of the Philadelphia game and then took a walk to Tingley Beach and back.  I walked without pain, which was wonderful.

When we returned I chopped a yellow squash and 1/3 of a red onion and sautéed them and heated the Texas Chili and we ate bowls of Texas Chili garnished with Sautéed squash and a piece of cornbread, as we watched Minnesota beat Green Bay.







I then made Ratatouille by chopping 1 onion, three zucchini, 1 ½ orange bell peppers, a large eggplant, and four vine ripened tomatoes.  I went to the garden and picked oregano and de-stemmed it and chopped it and added it to the large Le Creuset casserole and about 1 T. of  herbs de Provence and cooked the Ratatouille for several hours.




We were no hungry until later in the evening. I toasted two pieces of pumpkin bread and spread marmalade on them and made a cup of chai.

Suzette nibbled on one piece.  When the game ended we went to bed.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment