Tuesday, November 27, 2018

November 27, 2018 Lunch – Texas Chili. Dinner – Ratatouille and Couscous, Humboldt Fog Cheese and Pickled Herring

November 27, 2018 Lunch – Texas Chili. Dinner – Ratatouille and Couscous, Humboldt Fog Cheese and Pickled Herring

I ate yogurt, granola, milk, and grapes for breakfast.

At 11:00 I became hungry and heated the Texas Chili and toasted a bagel and melted some Jarlsberg cheese on each slice of bagel.

Suzette came home a bit before 2:00 and we took a walk in the Bosque.

When we returned, Suzette went to Costco and I drove to Pastian’s Bakery where I bought a loaf of 9 Grains and a loaf of Commissariat bread and a chocolate cake.

I then drove to Sprouts where I bought eggs, milk, cornmeal, Couscous, dried apricots, lettuce for Suzette, and green beans.

When I got home a few minutes before 5:00 Suzette suggested she wanted to try the Humboldt Fog, a soft blue cheese, made in Northern California, now sold at Costco for $17.99/lb.

I toasted two slices of whole wheat bread.  I spread butter and cheese on one slice and sour cream, and slices of red onion and herring on the other. Suzette spread cheese on French crackers and I opened the second bottle of Pueblo Plaza Reserva, $7.99 at Trader Joe’s, a Spanish red of 60 Tempranillo and 40% Grenache.

I then went to meditate.

When I returned I ate a bowl of Ratatouille and Couscous.  Then Suzette gave me some of her turkey, potato medley, dressing, and cranberry sauce.  A bit later I ate a piece of chocolate cake.

We went to bed at 9:00 after a day of leftovers.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment