Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October 31, 2017 Lunch – Java Joe’s Dinner – Sautéed Teriyaki Salmon, Rice, and Garlic Eggplant

October 31, 2017 Lunch – Java Joe’s   Dinner – Sautéed Teriyaki Salmon, Rice, and Garlic Eggplant

Today I skipped breakfast and met Sally at Bill Turner’s office for lunch and a discussion of a case.

Sally said, I would like to go to Java Joe’s because they have my favorite coffee and chili in downtown.”

I gladly agreed.

When we arrived and was perusing the menu I saw lots of interesting items, but again Sally came to my assistance, when she said, “My favorite item is a Breakfast Burrito with bacon and Christmas chili.”

I needed only to say, “Make that two.” when the attendant asked me what I wanted.

It was delicious.  I am particularly fond of dishes like this breakfast burrito that have soft ingredients inside, are wrapped with a soft tortilla, with an outside smothered with red and green chili and melted cheese, the result of which is to create a soft pastry like texture soaked in sauce, cheese, and eggs.  I drank water and enjoyed lunch immensely.


Breakfast Burrito with Christmas Chili

I worked until 4:00, watched a bit of Mad Money (Cramer officially announced that we are in a bull market.), and at 4:30 rode with Suzette to Rio Bravo and back.

When we returned we prepared for Halloween trick or treaters and I chopped a head of garlic cloves, peeled and julienned an eggplant, and prepared a cup of basmati rice, as I alternated with Suzette handing out treats to kids.  Suzette was having fun asking kids, “Who is the President of the American Virgin Islands?  And telling those who gave the correct answer, “You are smarter than our President.

I stir fried the eggplant strips and made the seasoning sauce for the garlic eggplant dish.

Then at 7:30 we shut down the candy giving after having given about 300 pieces out and finished cooking dinner.

Suzette took over the wok duties and sautéed the garlic, then added the eggplant, and finally made a well in the middle of the eggplant and added the seasoning sauce and stirred everything together.

I heated peanut oil and sesame oil in a large skillet and when it was hot lay the salmon filet in the skillet belly side down.  After ten minutes of cooking I flipped the filet so that the skin outer side was down and cooked it another 7 or 8 minutes.

When the salmon was ready we each took pieces and some of the garlic eggplant dish.  I laid mine on the warm basmati rice, while Suzette heated the PPI grilled chayote and sweet potato slices and ate her salmon and eggplant with the PPI chayote and sweet potato.


Our neighbor .Sandy Buffet's house






Y



We watched the World Series until the seventh inning stretch at 9:00 and then crawled into bed.  I watched the game to its conclusion, while Suzette dozed off.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment