Thursday, October 12, 2017

October 9, 2017  Lunch - Taj Mahal.  Dinner – PPI Boeuf Bourguignon, mashed potatoes, steamed spinach and Caprese salad

Since Suzette is out of town I have practically stopped cooking and started foraging in out fridge for PPI and ingredients that need to be eaten.

This morning I ate ½ of a bagel with cream Cheese that was a little iffy with a slice of sweet onion and several slices of my homemade Gravad Lax plus a few capers with a ½ cup of hot chocolate mixed with ½ cup of PPI coffee  and some milk heated in the microwave.  I have always enjoyed the mixture of hot chocolate and coffee, but I am usually too lazy to make it so I was happy to find that Suzette had left some coffee in the pot.

I met Mike for lunch at Taj Mahal.  We are both veterans.  I would think the axis of the earth had shifted if Mike did not get a Diet Pepsi and three drumsticks of tandoori chicken and he probably feels the same about my plate full of saag smothered with riata.  Today it seemed we ate a little less.

I invited a Willy to join me in eating the last PPI Boeuf Bourguignon, mashed potatoes, and steamed spinach.  I decided to make a chopped Caprese salad, also.  I chopped the 4 or five remaining slices of fresh mozzarella, two tomatoes, 2 oz. of sweet onion, and a small handful of fresh basil and dressed the caprese with fig balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

There was a freeze warning so I went to the garden and picked about two cups of basil leaves.  Then when Willy arrived I invited him to.pick basil, because he likes it so.

I heated up the last of the PPI Boeuf Bourguignon, mashed potatoes, and steamed spinach and divided it ontontwo plates and toasted and buttered three slices of Le Quiche Bakery wholewheat bread and gave Willy two small slices.

Willy complemented me on the dish, which made me feel good.

I drank a cognac after dinner with a piece of chocolate.

Bon Appetit


Q

No comments:

Post a Comment