Friday, October 27, 2017

October 26, 2017 Lunch – Amerasia. Dinner – Onion Dip and Potato chips at Book Club

October 26, 2017 Lunch – Amerasia.  Dinner – Onion Dip and Potato chips at Book Club

I feel like I am in a blessed space at the moment.  I woke up this morning; perhaps due to the moments of clarity in meditation last night or perhaps due to Tom Boyd taking a moment of his time to show me  how easy it was to send images and messages and prepare invoices on his phone, with the thought that I had to sell JD and buy Square.  So when the market opened at 7:30 our time, after I had eaten a bowl of biodynamic yogurt, fruit salad, and granola, I sold my 300 shares of JD for just about what I paid for it and bought 500 shares of Square at $32.91.  By the end of the day Square had gone up by $1.21 (3.4%) and JD went down $1.28 (3.4%), representing a $1074 divergence.  Better yet I had gotten rid of a stock I did not want and bought a stock I really liked and been more or less instantly rewarded or validated for my acumen.  Moves of 3.4% are huge on a day that the Dow only went up .31% and the Nasdaq moved down .11%.  Thank you Tom or the Buddha.

It was a rather dull food day, except I was able to share a good dim sun lunch with Aaron at Amerasia.  I arrived at noon and ordered BBQ pork filled steamed buns and took a bowl of stuffed tofu in broth from the cart.   When Aaron arrived after I called him to invite him to join me for lunch, a few minutes later we took a plate with three chicken and peanut stuffed dumplings, a bowl of rice and spicy pork, and a plate of three beef and water chestnut filled dumplings.  Amerasia is my favorite dim sun restaurant because I have been going to it for over thirty years and it us one block from Wells Fargo bank, so I can make a deposit and then get a quick delicious lunch without having to drive much.

After lunch at 2:00 we met with Karim at his new building on Central, which houses a pita shop and met with him and Gabriel until about 3:45.

I went home and rode to Rio Bravo and back with a Suzette in the warm afternoon sun.  We made the ride in less than an hour because the wind was dead calm and thus we were able to maintain a strong steady rhythm.

After I took a shower I picked up Charlie and we drove to book club at Dick Arms house in Four Hills for our meeting to discuss Song of the Sirens by Ernest Gann, the writer of the book and screenplay for the High and the Mighty, about the years of his life spent owning and sailing boats.

The most interesting food at book club was onion dip and an oddly twisted potato chip by Lay’s, several dips of which sufficed for my supper with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.

After our discussion we eat a dessert.  Dick’s daughter had baked a lovely apple crisp that he served with vanilla ice cream.

Then home to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment