Friday, October 27, 2017

October 25, 2017 Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – PPI Pork BBQ ribs with Cabbage, and Ratatouille

October 25, 2017  Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – PPI Pork BBQ ribs with Cabbage, and Ratatouille

The most important thing today was not the food, which was unremarkable, but occurred during meditation.  I was dozing off and then would come back into consciousness in moments of acute clarity.  Clarity that was devoid of any superfluous everyday thoughts, just pure awareness that I usually only dream of.  I loved it. This happened two or three time in the course of a fifteen minute sitting and it was wonderful.

Breakfast was yogurt, granola, and fruit and fruit juice, that form of biodynamic granola I like the best because of the absence of milk.

Lunch was the usual at East Ocean but with Suzette.  I ordered Moo Goo Gai Pan and she ordered sweet and sour pork and an egg roll.



We packed some of each and she ate it for dinner.

I ate two pieces of nine grain bread toast at 4:00, one smeared with Cambozola cheese and the other with peanut butter and honey with a cup of tea with milk.  It reminded me of how I used to spend afternoons sitting with friends in Sweden or Denmark back in my exchange student days, except I was working at my desk.

When I arrived home a little before 7:00 I heated the last two PPI BBQ ribs, with some of the PPI cabbage with apples and ratatouille and drank the last two glasses of Famille Perrin Cotes Du Rhone Reserve red blend of Syrah and Grenache and watched the World Series and ate a few pieces of chocolate until the end of the 9th inning when the Astros tied the score at 3 a piece when I went to bed.

It is amazing what one can accept with even just a little clarity.  I felt no anxiety to know how the game ended; I simply wanted to respond to my need for sleep.  It seemed that my mind was cleared of my usual reaction to the stream of thoughts.

Also, Tom Boyd of Shook Mechanical came this morning and adjusted and turned on the boiler for the hot water heating system and opened all the dampers on all the radiators.  The house started heating up in just a few minutes and I look forward to being comfortably warm all winter.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment