Friday, October 6, 2017

October 6, 2017 Breakfast – Moo Goo Gai Pan Omelet. Lunch – Salad. Dinner – PPI Boeuf Bourguignon with mashed potatoes and cauliflower on spinach


October 6, 2017 Breakfast – Moo Goo Gai Pan Omelet. Lunch – Salad. Dinner – PPI Boeuf Bourguignon with mashed potatoes and cauliflower on spinach

Today was a lovely light food day.  It started with making a wonderful omelet with the PPI Moo Goo Gai Pan from yesterday’s lunch.  I first went to our driveway and picked ¼ cup of purslane and cleaned it. I then sliced a Mexican green onion and sautéed it with the PPIs and de-stemmed a handful of spinach.  After the vegetables and meat were heated I added the spinach and purslane and heated them until they wilted a bit.  I then added two eggs and stirred them in.  I made a cup of green tea and ate a wonderful breakfast.



My morning conference lasted until after 1:00 but the super food effect of breakfast carried me through until I returned home. For lunch I filled a pasta bowl with the following salad ingredients: roast pork, kalamata olives, a diced tomato, 1/8 of a medium onion diced, and ¼ of a cucumber peeled and diced.   I dressed the salad with Cesar salad dressing and drank water for a pleasant light lunch.


I ate a peanut butter and honey open faced sandwich for a snack at 4:00 with a cup of Earl Grey tea.

When Suzette came home around 4:30 we took a nap.  When I awakened at 5:30 Suzette was already in the kitchen making mashed potatoes and cauliflower and was reheating the PPI Boeuf Bourguignon, which she intended to layer with fresh spinach in a pasta bowl for a simple one dish meal.  I saw that we still had ½ of a bottle of La Granja Tempranillo/Grenache blend red wine, so I poured each of us a glass of it and we enjoyed a simple delicious PPI meal.





I ate a few peanuts after dinner to stave off any craving for chocolate and drank a glass of tonic water with the juice of 1/2 of a lime.

We went to bed at 9:00.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment