Tuesday, October 24, 2017

October 23, 2017 Lunch – Lamb Salad. Dinner – Grilled Lamb with Sautéed Potatoes, piñon nuts, cranberries, apple, and spinach.


October 23, 2017 Lunch – Lamb Salad. Dinner – Grilled Lamb with Sautéed Potatoes, piñon nuts, cranberries, apple, and spinach.

I ate yogurt, granola, milk, and tropical fruit salad for breakfast.

I made a lamb salad for lunch.  I warmed a slice of lamb from the meal with the relatives in Taos Sunday a week ago and added it to salad of de-stemmed and chopped Romaine leaves, a diced tomato, 1/3 of a cucumber diced, a handful of grated Parmesan-Romano cheese, and 1 oz. of thinly sliced onion plus some Kalamata olives.  I dressed the salad with the dressing I had made by adding olive oil to the Tzatziki I made Saturday a week ago for the lamb meal.

I also toasted a slice of Cloud Cliff Whole wheat bread and made a cheese sandwich by melting a few slices of Manchego cheese on it for 19 seconds.

Lamb salad
After lunch I was looking for hamburger patties, but all I could find was four lamb chops so I thawed those out while I went to an appointment.

I returned at 4:00 and the wind was gusting so I worked at my desk until Suzette came home around 5:30.

I had called a Willy and invited him for dinner at 6:30. At 6:15 when he arrived we started cooking.  We had a simple plan; to grill the lamb chops and to sauté some of the PPI Roasted Potato medley with the PPI cabbage and onion dish Billy made last Sunday with piñon nuts, spinach, and apples like the Catalan Spinach dish.  Suzette started sautéing the potatoes while I cored and sliced and diced a gala apple and added the pieces to the sauté.  Then I destemmed about three cups of spinach.  Then I spun the spinach she had rinsed in cold water and added it to the skillet to sauté with the potatoes.  She then covered the large skillet with the wok cover to steam the spinach.  I rehydrated small handful of dried cranberries in warm water and added them to the sauté while Suzette grilled the lamb chops and set the table on the patio next to the newly installed patio furniture under the portal.

W hen Suzette brought in the grilled lamb chops, we plated our plates with the vegetable sauté and a lamb chop and Willy lighted the candles on the candelabra and Suzette lighted three votive candles
on the table and there was sufficient light to eat and even feel the warm glow of light at the table.

We enjoyed the warm night and conversation which flowed more easily at our table in its new location on the patio next to the newly purchased patio set now placed where the table once stood.

After dinner we went back inside and I made a cup of chai for Willy and me and then he went to his soccer match and we watched the Antiques Roadshow and ate warmed slices of Tart Tatin garnished with Reddi whip whipped cream.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment