Saturday, October 7, 2017

October 7, 2017 Breakfast – BLT Egg sandwiches, Lunch – Miso Soup with Beef Meatballs, Dinner – Salad


October 7, 2017 Breakfast – BLT Egg sandwiches,  Lunch – Miso Soup with Beef Meatballs,  Dinner – Salad

Today Suzette left for Elizabethtown to visit her folks.  I took her to the airport at 10:30, but before then, at 8:00 we went to the Farmer’s market and I bought a loaf of Cloud Cliff Wholewheat bread, my new favorite bread, and an onion tart to eat on the airplane.

When we returned home from the Farmer’s market I sliced an eggplant into four slices, brushed them with olive oil and roasted them in the oven for 30 minutes while we made BLT sandwiches with slices of toasted Cloud Cliff Wholewheat bread smeared with basil Mayo. And topped with slices of tomato, leaves of romaine lettuce and crisp fried bacon.  Suzette ate hers without bread and made a lettuce wrap with romaine lettuce leaves,  I ate mine open faced on one piece of bread and Willy, who joined us for breakfast made a true sandwich with two slices of bread.

After breakfast and taking Suzette to the airport I went home to work on the docketing statement until 1:45 when I sent the draft to Bill for his review.

I then watched TCU beat West Virginia.  At halftime I made about two quarts of miso soup with parsley, lovage, green onions, two kinds of seaweed, instant dashi, red miso, and beef meatballs.  I ate it during the second half.  I love to eat miso soup before I ride my bike because it seems to hydrate my body and grease my joints.

After the game I rode to Montano and back a bit after 5:00.

Then I watched an exciting Texas vs. Kansas State game that Texas pulled out in double overtime.  At halftime I made a large salad with hearts of romaine lettuce, a diced tomato, ¼ of a cucumber diced, 1/8 of an onion diced, about ten kalamata olives, about three ounces of roast pork diced, and a handful of grated Parmesan cheese.  I also made a cheese sandwich by melting two pieces of Swiss Gruyere cheese on a toasted slice of wholewheat bread.  I also adjusted the Cesar Salad dressing by adding the juice of a lemon, some olive oil, three chopped anchovies and an egg.  It turned a light yellow color and thickened slightly.

I drank the last ¼ glass of a bottle of Aquino Chianti Riserva with the salad.



I am trying to watch my diet and also feel better.  The more healthy foods I eat and doing a reasonable amount of exercise, the better I seem to feel.  I also took my vitamins today, which might make me feel better. I am going to keep it up for a while and see.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment