Tuesday, October 17, 2017

October 1 4, 2017 Lunch – The Shed.  Dinner – cheese and charcuterie in Taos

I picked up Rebecca at the airport a little before 11:00.  We went home and looked at art until Willy arrived at 11:30 and then left for Santa Fe.

We met at the Shed but there was a 45 minute wait so Rebecca and I went to Owings Gallery and looked at art.  My favorite was an Angels Pelton called music of the heart.  It was a pink heart surrounded by a garland of bells.

I ordered my usual beef enchiladas with posole, but Willy and Rebecca ordered tamales and Suzette ordered a naked poblano Chile relleno appetizer.   I Shared my enchiladas with Willy and Suzette.

                                                            The Tamale Plate

                                                              The Naked Relleno

Number 5 Enchiladas with beef and double posole

The number 5 Enchiladas plate with double posole at the Shed is my all time favorite New Mexican dish.  I have loved it above all other rendisions of Enchiladas since I first tasted it in 1971.

We finished at around 2:45 and drove to Stephen’s Consignment store where Suzette and Rebecca did some serious shopping.

Then we went to the large Congerie??? Consignment store on Cerrillos.

Then we drove to Taos.  After dropping the bag at our BNB room, we drove to Barry and Kylene’s house l. We brought in the cooler with a wedge of Manchego, a small wheel of Brie, and a wedge of Cambozola.

We also took a tray of Italian prosciutto and sausages.

We opened a Gruet 2013 Pinot Noir red that was good and a Gruet Rose that was not as good.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment