Wednesday, October 9, 2024

October 9, 2024 Breakfast - Sautéed Smoked pork cutlet, fried eggs, and sautéed tomato and onion slices Lunch - Fabada. Toast, and melted Cheese and salami sandwich. Dinner - Leftover Stuffed Delicata Squash and baked chicken thigh.

October 9, 2024 Breakfast - Sautéed Smoked pork cutlet, fried eggs, and sautéed tomato and onion slices  Lunch - Fabada. Toast, and melted Cheese and salami sandwich. Dinner - Leftover Stuffed Delicata Squash and baked chicken thigh.

I woke up at 7:25, just in time to see the market open. 


At 8:30 I made a hearty breakfast for Suzette and me because I was feeling a little weak.


I sautéed three 1/3 inch thick slices of onion and tomato in one skillet and a smoked pork cutlet in the other I toasted two slices of baguette that I buttered and Suzette and I spread with Portuguese plum preserves. When the other items seemed cooked I fries three eggs in the skillet with the pork cutlet cut in half.  I drank tea with my breakfast and soon after eating I began to regain my energy.






I worked until 1:30 on a Limited Partnership Agreement and then helped Suzette empty a chair and coat rack from her SUV.


Then I heated the last bit of Fabada and toasted and buttered a slice of baguette. After I ate the Fabada I was still hungry so I toasted another slice of baguette and spread it with Mayo and added slices of Dubliner Irish cheddar cheese and three slices of salami and spread mustard on the salami and melted the cheese in the microwave and added lettuce leaves to make a small open faced sandwich that I ate with a can of Tecate.



I checked my portfolio and was pleasantly surprised that it had risen .56% on a day when the Dow rose 431 points and the NASDAQ rose 108 points or about .6%. The Dow and the S and P hit new all time highs today, belying Trump’s assertion that the economy is in terrible shape. My portfolio hit and all time high yesterday, so today’s advance was another all time high.  The economy has never been better, refuting Trump’s assertions.


I rested from 3:30 to 4:15 when Henry came to fix the towel rack in the new bathroom and I sequestered myself in my office to meditate from 4:30 to 5:00.


At 5:00 I walked around the block, which when added to my other steps gave me a slightly greater than 3000 step day.


At 6:00 suzette heated the two leftover delicata squashes stuffed with a mushroom medley and morcilla sausage and the leftover baked chicken breast for a quick and delicious dinner.  I loured out the remaining 1/3 bottle of Vara Viura and we watched Hurricane Milton make landfall near Sarasota, Florida.



After dinner we sipped the last of our homemade limoncello and ate a chocolate and Suzette went to bed at 8:00. I stayed up until 8:45 to watch Nova and then went to bed and blogged and read.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment