Friday, October 4, 2024

October 4, 2024 Lunch - Don Sushi. Dinner - Grilled sea bass with Linguine with broccoli, kale, and cherry tomato in a Tallegio mornay sauce

October 4, 2024 Lunch - Don Sushi. Dinner - Grilled sea bass with Linguine with broccoli, kale, and cherry tomato in a Tallegio mornay sauce 


I got up and ate a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and green grapes cut in half. I checked in with Barbara and Nicole about Marty’s funeral and then called to invite Henry for lunch. He arrived at 10:00 and looked at the broken bathroom fixture and swelling cork paneling and then at 11:15 we went to lunch at one of his favorite restaurants, Don Sushi, located at 205 2nd Street. Don Sushi must be one of the most unusual restaurants in town because it served both Mexican seafood and Japanese sushi.


We ordered Henry’s favorite two dishes, shrimp and albacore ceviche and a Tempura Rio Bravo roll that was a roll of imitation crab nigiri battered and fried with tempura shrimp cubes around it and a special white sauce on top.  I liked both of them. Henry drank lemonade and I drank green tea.


The ceviche was delicious and the tempura roll was very unusual although outside the parameters of what I would call traditional sushi, but so is a combination Mexican seafood and Japanese restaurant.







After lunch I rested and checked my portfolio.  With the stirring interview by Jensen Huang yesterday and the September unemployment and inflation numbers today the Market took off with the NASDAQ closing up 1.22% and the Dow setting a new record high of 42,352. My portfolio responded positively rising 1.1% to a new all time high for my portfolio.


I rested during the afternoon until Suzette came home and after a nap, at 6:00 we cooked dinner, which was exceedingly easy.


I scored the remaining sea bass filet and we filled the indentations with lemon slices and butter. Suzette grilled the filet and microwaved the leftover Linguine with broccoli, kale, and cherry tomato in a Tallegio mornay sauce and I poured out the remaining 1/2 bottle of Paco and Lola Prime Spanish Albariño for an easy dinner. We took our plates outside to eat under the gazebo.





Unfortunately, Suzette was attacked by mosquitoes and we returned to the house.


We watched TCU lose to Houston and then several You Tube late night monologues and last SNL’s introductory skit and  Weekend Update and sipped mixtures of cognac and French herbal liquor with a couple of Ferraro-Rocher chocolates.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I blogged.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment