Tuesday, October 8, 2024

October 8, 2024 Lunch - Garcia’s Kitchen. Dinner - Leftover baked Chicken with potatoes, tomatoes, and onion.

October 8, 2024 Lunch - Garcia’s Kitchen. Dinner - Leftover baked Chicken with potatoes, tomatoes, and onion. 


Today I awakened at 8:45 and got dressed quickly for a 9:00 appointment.


After the appointment I drank a cup of tea and ate a pain au chocolate and checked the market. The market was surging with Nvidia and Apple being among the leaders, By the end of the day my portfolio had gained 2% and reached my goal for the year.


Now I just need to determine what to sell if Earn does not pay off its loan to me by the end of the year.


I drafted a lease amendment for the tap room by 12:15 and then called Peter Eller to invite him to lunch. We decided to meet at Garcia’s Kitchen at 1736 Central SW. When we were seated Peter ordered Posole and I ordered my new favorite, huevos locos, which is essentially Machaca or eggs scrambled with jalapeños, tomatoes, brisket, and onion. I ordered corn tortillas and made tacos with refried beans and the Huevos.


Peter ordered lemonade and I drank water.


We talked about my trip to Spain and the book club books and a little politics, but Peter is the opposite of me, he is a conservative who always votes Republican.


I voted after lunch and returned home at 3:30 and walked about three blocks in the shade under trees on Central.


Then I watched Ari at 4:00 during which Suzette came home from emptying the apartment of most of the food and some of the items she loaned and taking pictures of the furnishings to be left.


When she returned we watched the news until 6:00 when she re-heated the baked chicken with potatoes, onion, tarragon, and tomatoes and the roasted cauliflower.




I fetched a bottle of Vara Viura from the garage that was not very good and we enjoyed having a quick hot meal even though it was not very exciting.


We watched Finding Your Roots at 7:00 and Suzette went to bed at 8:00. I stayed up to watch Lawrence with a sip of Calvados, a hot tea, and a Ferraro-Rocher and then blogged.


We are back in the rhythm of working hard and trying to meet family business commitments.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment