Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January 30, 2023 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel. Lunch - Chili Relleno Burrito. Dinner - Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and steamed Broccoli

January 30, 2023 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel. Lunch - Chili Relleno Burrito. Dinner - Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and steamed Broccoli


This turned out to be a great food day.


It started at 9:30 with a luscious lax on toasted bagel smeared with cream cheese and garnished with a slice of red onion and capers with a cup of tea.


I listened to a seminar oh the newly enacted Corporate Transparency Act and then send another deed to Billy.


At 1:30 I drove to the library and picked up my new book, Destiny, by Olivia Butler.


Then I drove to El Super to eat lunch and shop.  I ordered a chili Relleno with double beans, two flour tortillas heated on the grill, and a Mexican coke and a large bottle of freshly squeezed orange juice,, .  I garnished the beans with chopped onions and cilantro and cut the Relleno in half and rolled 1/2 with a layer of 1/2 of the beans in one of the tortillas and ate a wonderful lunch. I made the remaining beans, relleno, and tortilla into another burrito that I took home for lunch tomorrow.


I then shopped, buying yellow onions, green onions, romaine lettuce, two small avocados, Snow peas, crema, Granny Smith apples, lemons, tomatoes, a cucumber,, and cilantro. Prices have gone up so I restrained my buying. 


I returned home at 3:20 and after putting up the groceries walked around the block.


When I returned it was 4:00 and time for Ari Melber.  Sypuzette came home shortly after I started watching Ari. 


I suggested making meatloaf, which was something she suggested yesterday, with the PPI Mashed potatoes and Steamed broccoli.


I diced onion and a canned pimiento that Suzette sautéed and mixed into the meatloaf with about 3/4 cup of rolled oats, catsup, and an egg.


She then toothpicked three strips of bacon to the top and put the loaf on a rack in a baking dish and baked the meatloaf for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.



She also reheated the mashed potatoes in the microwave with several slices of butter added and steamed flowerets of broccoli.




Suzette picked a heavy Spanish Reserva Tinto I bought at Costco that garnered a 94 rating. It went well with the meal and I finished the bottle later with a couple of slices of cheese.



I even ate a bowl of spumoni ice cream with the last of the Kelt cognac for a lovely finish to the day’s food.


Bon Appeti

No comments:

Post a Comment