Friday, January 26, 2024

January 24, 2024 Breakfast - granola, milk, yogurt and blueberries Lunch - Pita Sandwich Dinner - Yamas Restaurant

January 24, 2024 Breakfast - granola, milk, yogurt and blueberries Lunch - Pita Sandwich Dinner - Yamas Restaurant 


I awakened at 7:30 and dressed and opened the door for the workmen at 8:30.


Then I ate a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt and blueberries and drove to my dermatology appointment.


After the appointment I stopped at the Alqud’s middle Eastern restaurant and grocery and bought ground lamb, creamy feta, 6 fresh pitas, and a gallon of yogurt mint drink at the corner of Montgomery and San Pedro and Costco at Renaissance for gasoline on the way home.


When I arrived at 11:45 I made a pita sandwich with one of the fresh pitas. I warmed it in the toaster and tore it in half to form two pockets that I filled with slices of salami, feta cheese, labni, and tabouli.


I filled a glass with the yogurt drink and ate a delicious lunch.




We then drove to Santa Fe and stopped at several consignment stores looking for a painting for a gift for Suzette’s friend.


After three misses we drove to Stephen’s where Suzette had previously seen a larger landscape in pastel.  When we arrived I saw a small work by Holly Roberts that turned out to out to be a hand painted photo pasted onto a dark red ceramic tile in a sturdy wooden frame.  When we examined unit Suzette liked it and bought it for her collection along with the painting for her friend.


We finished at Stephen’s at 4:00 and we were hungry and we asked Domenic about two restaurants we had seen near the store, Yamas Greek Rotisserie and Tokyo Cafe. Domenic recommended Yamas, so we went there.  When we arrived at Yamas Greek Rotisserie we were given a large menu encased in plastic. We chose 1/2 baked chicken with a small Greek salad and a side order.  We chose a bowl of Avgolemono Soup and also red hummus with a pita.






Suzette drank a Stella Artois and I drank water.


Soon a platter with the most wonderful roasted Greek chicken was served with a Greek salad and a small ramekin of garlic sauce and a bowl of Avgolemono soup and another smaller platter with a generous scoop of red hummus garnished with a drizzle of red bell pepper sauce.


We stuffed ourselves with all the food that I count as some of the best Greek chicjken I have ever eaten. The 1/2 chicken was moist and tender yet with a wonderful lemon and cumin flavor.


By 4:45 we were back on the road home facing a glorious sunset in the west as we drove home.


We also were slowed by the 5:00 traffic as we entered Albuquerque.


When we arrived home I drank a glass of glass of yogurt drink and  watched the news from 6:00 until 7:00. Then I lay down and napped until 8;00;when I watched Lawrence and a documentary on the Iceman found in the Alps that had frozen and mummified 5400 years ago and at 9:00 another PBS documentary about discovering Hannibal’s route to attack the Roman Empire.  It turned out to be the route we took through the French Alps south of Grenoble to Torino.


I then blogged this entry with another glass of yogurt drink and went to bed.


Today was another positive day for my portfolio but a much smaller gain that indicates the NASDAQ is turning negative. The Dow was already negative today.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment