Wednesday, January 3, 2024

January 3, 2024 Breakfast -Posole and a Tamale. Lunch - Salami and Chicken Salad Salad. Dinner - Stuffed Pork Roast with Noodles and Steamed Snow Peas

January 3, 2024 Breakfast -Posole and a Tamale. Lunch - Salami and Chicken Salad Salad. Dinner - Stuffed Pork Roast with Noodles and Steamed Snow Peas


I tried to sleep in until 7:30 and started working at 8:20, after I opened the door for the plumbers, who installed the fixtures in the shower.  There was a problem with the drain because it rose too high above the floor.  


I thought I had an 11:30 appointment to schedule my hip operation but that was in error.  I was very disappointed so we ate bowls of Posole with a tamale at 10:30 and then I went shopping at El Super at 11:30.


Wednesday is discounted produce day, so El Super was crowded but I did not see many discounts.  I did find beautiful dill weed and parsley, so I decided to make tabouli and perhaps Gravad lax.  I then bought tomatoes, three cucumbers, and green onions, plus an acorn squash, three ears of beautiful white corn, 6 or 7 Mexican squash, 4 small avocados, corn chips, red onions, Pasilla chilis and green chilis for Calabacitas with pork.


I then had the idea to make enchiladas, so I bought ground red chili, blue corn tortillas, requeson, grated cheese and sour cream. 


I also bought oranges, lemons, sweet lemons, Fuji apples, a head of celery, a head of bok Choy, a head of romaine lettuce, sweet potatoes, bananas, and limes.


When I returned home at 2:15 I was hungry, so after Suzette and I carried in the groceries, I made a salad with romaine lettuce, some diced red onion, black olives, 1/2 tomato diced, four slices of salami sliced and a couple of spoonfuls of chicken salad. And dressed the salad with the eternal Cesar salad dressing and threw on a handful of croutons. I forgot the grated Parmesan, but will remember next time.



After I ate I met with my new client and her realtor to revise the contract from 4:00 until 6:00.


Luckily, Suzette who worked at home today made dinner by heating three slices of the Pork roast stuffed with a mincemeat and peach compote we made last weekend in the microwave, plus she destemmed and steamed a handful of snow peas and boiled some wide egg noodles and tossed them I olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese.







Suzette wanted a rose so she fetched a Vara Grenache rose, which is a lovely wine.


We enjoyed our light dinner and afterwards while we watched TV Suzette drank another glass of rose and I drank a cup of Earl Grey tea with the last two Swedish Christmas cookies Diane gave us.


Suzette went to bed at 8;45 and I followed at 9:20.


I blogged and read until 11:30.


I think my diet is showing progress already.  I have lost 5 lb. and can bend my back straight to release some of the tension in my lower back when I lie in bed. 


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment