Thursday, January 18, 2024

January 18, 2024 lunch - Miso Noodle soup with shrimp, sausage and Bok Choy. Dinner - PPI Blue corn .

January 18, 2024 lunch - Miso Noodle soup with shrimp, sausage and Bok Choy. Dinner - PPI Blue corn .


I worked on Bill’s case this morning and then at 10:00 heated two slices of banana nut bread and smeared them with butter and orange marmalade and ate them with a cup of Assam tea with milk for a proper breakfast.


I then worked until 1:15 when I made a pot of Miso Noodle soup with rice vermicelli and soba noodles plus dehydrated dashi, crumbled sea weed, tofu, sausage, two stalks of bok chop diced, two T. of red miso, several dashes of sesame oil, a T. of Chinese rice cooking wine and seven shrimp.




I ate two bowls of the soup with hoisin sauce and cilantro and had enough left for a snack tomorrow.


At 4:30 Suzette came home and I walked around the block.


When I returned I checked my portfolio and was blown away.  It was the best day in a long time and more than made up for the loses during the last three days taking my portfolio to a new high for the year.


Willy called and invited him over for enchiladas.  Suzette brought in two Negra Modelos and fetched the sour cream and cilantro and heated up enough enchiladas for all three of us.


I refer to the enchiladas as French Blue corn because we made them in a French roasting pan and because we used unusual ingredients, sliced Mexican squash, fruit stuffed pork roast, and mushrooms along with requeson, shredded Monterrey Jack, and cream cheese with our home made red chili that Suzette thickened with a flour and butter roux.





They were really delicious even after sitting outside for a day.


We ate them with corn chips and beer.


After dinner we watched the first episode of How to Change Your Mind with Michael Pollen and then Willy left at 8:00 and we watched a re-run of Midsomer Mystery and then Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I stayed up to blog and read with another cup of Assam tea.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment